News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Drivers arguing

Started by Andrew1991, September 08, 2012, 10:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew1991

Every day I see drivers arguing with each other in wolverhampton station, today the 890 was at the 82's stand and the 82 driver was shouting out the window and pressing the horn, then when the 890 come out of the station he was stuck behind a 59 and started holding his horn, wolverhampton station is the only place I've seen this happen its usually travel express drivers, but does this happen anywhere else.

Stu

There was this incident reported on FixMyTransport by a NXWM driver about a Blue Diamond driver:
http://www.fixmytransport.com/campaigns/be-aware-of-and-deal-with-abusive-st
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Andrew1991

Seems like other companies employees have it in for nxwm then, I remember when I was younger a birmingham coach company national parked diagonal in dudley bus station so the 558 couldn't get out. I know there are often arguments in wolverhampton though about how long buses wait at the stands

Discodave

usually because NXWM are allowed to get away with everything as most of the Bus station supervisors are ex NXWM drivers and are quick enough to issue fines to other companies overstaying but turn a blind eye to NXWM it has happened to me more time than I can mention once forced off and I was following all of the rules (5mins on stand) so ITS EARLY RUNNING even more of a no no and I was working for Arriva so no not a cowboy firm and then landed up with a disapline as the spy was at Walsall so much for impartal staff whom work for Centro b****cks.  Centro really need not to employ any EX bus driver to manage there stations as most have a bigoted view of non NXWM companies and for Tony you may not have seen but it happens.

Tony

Quote from: Discodave on September 08, 2012, 12:43:43 PM
usually because NXWM are allowed to get away with everything as most of the Bus station supervisors are ex NXWM drivers and are quick enough to issue fines to other companies overstaying but turn a blind eye to NXWM it has happened to me more time than I can mention once forced off and I was following all of the rules (5mins on stand) so ITS EARLY RUNNING even more of a no no and I was working for Arriva so no not a cowboy firm and then landed up with a disapline as the spy was at Walsall so much for impartal staff whom work for Centro b****cks.  Centro really need not to employ any EX bus driver to manage there stations as most have a bigoted view of non NXWM companies and for Tony you may not have seen but it happens.

Oh I have had disputes with Bus Station Supervisors. This, they don't give tickets to NXWM is not true either, NXWM get enough of them. And as one of the Walsall people was a former Arriva Cannock supervisor, along with another ex Chase employee (both have now left) there is no particular bias on where they get these people from. One as Wolverhampton was not ex any bus company, but I have seen him have arguments with people from several different companies and also tell a photographer he couldn't take photographs of buses in  the bus station even though he was standing on Piper Street which is public highway. Just pure obnoxious!

Discodave

The time I was forced off both of the people you mention were driving at the time as they were only part time it was another person not a regular must have been covering Walsall by the way one was the old depot manager at Cannock and the best too you may know him Tony

TinnedPeaches

I can foresee arguments along my usual route into Wolverhampton for work. Every day this week I've seen Green Bus buses on route 558 pursuing NXWM buses on route 1 - they seem to be timed (purposefully or not) to run at the same time as each other. Uh oh!

Quote from: Discodave on September 08, 2012, 12:43:43 PM
Sorry Dave I disagree completely drivers are getting letters regularly because of 'petty' mistermeaners that have been passed on from Centro one driver recently got 1 for 'speeding' at 13mph in the bus station. Another supervisor attempted to book a driver a few weeks ago for 'loading at the wrong stand' It seams that they have that little to do that after standing around chatting for ages, smoking behind the bus station or giving passengers incorrect information they suddenly 'have to do something' Of course a bus fluid spillage is an excellent time waster the minute this happens they are like flies round 'S**T....5 or 6 of them in an instant with brooms towells clipboards and of course a desk and 5 chairs so they can 'discuss' before any action is taken!
Furthermore if appropriate action and discipline (as in the rules i.e loading/waiting/double parking/blocking stands etc) had been taken Travel Express would have kissed Wolvehampton bus stations A** goodbye a long time ago!!!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Tony

Quote from: Discodave on September 08, 2012, 01:01:09 PM
The time I was forced off both of the people you mention were driving at the time as they were only part time it was another person not a regular must have been covering Walsall by the way one was the old depot manager at Cannock and the best too you may know him Tony

Met him at Stafford again last month - He is now doing part time driving for Arriva again

Discodave

Will he ever call it a day I respect the bloke but come on enjoy retirement.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk