News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Sandwell Travel

Started by Lukeee, September 05, 2012, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan4579

Quote from: dannygill on April 30, 2013, 07:44:04 PM
I know I have recently mentioned Sandwell travel but I wanted to again. Currently I am travelling to the Mannor hospital everyday and today for the first time I purchased a day return on Sandwell travel. it cost £2. So firstly its very good value for money. I have also used my swift card and Sandwell travel are the only operator which currently accept swift to Mannor Hospital. The driver was also brilliant he checked that I wasn't travelling to late back so I could use the return part of my ticket and checked that I knew what time the bus comes back from the hospital. I would bet a lot of money that this wouldn't be done by an nx driver so how! The bus was also spotless and turned up on time. So whats wrong with them. Ive itemised the psotives

1. Only Operator to accept swift from Walsall to Mannor Hospital
2. Great Drivers
3. Clean Buses
4. Great value for money (£2, compared to NXWM @ ££3.40)
5. Punctual Service

I really feel that they seem to be part of some witch hunt to get rid of what is obvious to me a good local independent operator
I 100% agree I have never noticed any foul play with this operator, and the day returns are useful.

Trident 4609

Danny, NX returns cost £2.90 not £3.40

bwsau cymru

Nx dont offer a return so £3.40 is 2X£1.70
campaigning for better transport for all

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: Trident 4609 on April 30, 2013, 08:07:22 PM
Danny, NX returns cost £2.90 not £3.40

Return tickets are only on a handfull of routes, generally the more profitable ones.

fleetline6477

Quote from: dannygill on April 30, 2013, 07:44:04 PM
I know I have recently mentioned Sandwell travel but I wanted to again. Currently I am travelling to the Mannor hospital everyday and today for the first time I purchased a day return on Sandwell travel. it cost £2. So firstly its very good value for money. I have also used my swift card and Sandwell travel are the only operator which currently accept swift to Mannor Hospital. The driver was also brilliant he checked that I wasn't travelling to late back so I could use the return part of my ticket and checked that I knew what time the bus comes back from the hospital. I would bet a lot of money that this wouldn't be done by an nx driver so how! The bus was also spotless and turned up on time. So whats wrong with them. Ive itemised the psotives

1. Only Operator to accept swift from Walsall to Mannor Hospital
2. Great Drivers
3. Clean Buses
4. Great value for money (£2, compared to NXWM @ ££3.40)
5. Punctual Service

I really feel that they seem to be part of some witch hunt to get rid of what is obvious to me a good local independent operator

There is no doubt that comments made about Sandwell Travel when operating the previous 333X and 334 were absolutely true. Before this the Company had already been closed down once before and the operator closed down as Bull Ring Travel.
If recent events have made the operator improve its service then all to the good. I think the revised 333X is a good route and provides new links, such as a direct route from Bentley to Manor Hospital, a link from Pleck and Darlaston area to Walsall Bus Station and restoring links from Darlaston Green to Willenhall. Lets hope the positive experiences and comments continue and the awful way the company did operate on many occasions become a thing of the past.

mikestone

They still seem to have five buses worth of registrations for three discs.

sarai949

Well Sandwell travel did appeal against traffic commissioners decision and they can go back to Bradford Place if they want and they still have five buses 3 on 333X and two on 80

sarai949

Sandwell Travel Ltd still have five discs and they are no longer banned from Bradford Place

The idea of new 333X is brilliant from darlaston to St. Paul's bus station Walsall
There is no service from Walsall bus station to darlaston

sharon moor

I am a teaching assistant at a school in Lodge Farm, I have two children, one goes to a school in Daliston and other attends a school in Willenhall.

Three weeks ago my children starting using the 333x for the commute to there schools, last week they each bought a Sandwell Travel weekly pass for £5.

I must say after reading the past comments from your forum I was a bit weary, but after using the service now for three weeks I am ready to  submit my comments.

First of all I have to say the drivers are extremely friendly and polite, secondly the service has always turned up on time, thirdly I have saved more then 50%  on my traveling costs over the week.

I do not have transport of my own therefore I am heavily dependent on public transport, on Monday I myself will buying a weekly pass for £8.
Start of this month Ariva changed there times, Ariva are now running 1 minute in front of Sandwell Travell buses from Lodge Farm, even though this has happened, most people wait for the Sandwell Travel bus, I believe this is down to there £2 returns.
Finally I just want say, Sandwell Travel are doing ace job.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: sharon moor on May 18, 2013, 07:19:39 AM
I am a teaching assistant at a school in Lodge Farm, I have two children, one goes to a school in Daliston and other attends a school in Willenhall.

Three weeks ago my children starting using the 333x for the commute to there schools, last week they each bought a Sandwell Travel weekly pass for £5.

I must say after reading the past comments from your forum I was a bit weary, but after using the service now for three weeks I am ready to  submit my comments.

First of all I have to say the drivers are extremely friendly and polite, secondly the service has always turned up on time, thirdly I have saved more then 50%  on my traveling costs over the week.

I do not have transport of my own therefore I am heavily dependent on public transport, on Monday I myself will buying a weekly pass for £8.
Start of this month Ariva changed there times, Ariva are now running 1 minute in front of Sandwell Travell buses from Lodge Farm, even though this has happened, most people wait for the Sandwell Travel bus, I believe this is down to there £2 returns.
Finally I just want say, Sandwell Travel are doing ace job.

Good to hear that the little guy is winning people over. I think its brilliant we are lucky to have a small operator like Sandwell travel who are willing to create new connections. and yes fully agree very good value for more, even on a single journey you are saving 50p! soon adds up
campaigning for better transport for all

Dylan4579

Dan Young

ello guys whats happening with this forum stuff then  :)

Kevin

Maybe the usual traffic problems between five ways and city had something to do with it, but just passed two Sandwell Travel darts on the 80 within 5 mins on me way out of town on the 98
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

sharon moor

Hi, I have been using Sandwell travel buses for a number of weeks now, still having no problems with the service, the 333x always turn's up on time and I still buy a weekly ticket for myself and my two children, a few of my friends have bought weekly tickets as well. I realy do believe small firms like Sandwell travel are victims of a witch hunt, simply because they provide affordable fairs. Keep the work up Sandwell Travel, well done.

D10

Sandwell are not the victim of a witch hunt. If they ran smarter buses and ran them more reliably, then most of us would have less of an issue with them.

Even after their Appeal, they were still found guilty by the Traffic Commissioners Tribunal of running an unreliable service and doing little to improve matters.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk