News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Nbus, where does the zone stop

Started by danny, August 30, 2012, 05:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

Quote from: Discodave on September 01, 2012, 05:25:00 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on August 31, 2012, 05:52:03 PM
Quote from: Discodave on August 31, 2012, 12:22:11 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on August 30, 2012, 10:14:13 PM
I had heard that an nbus plus ticket was to be introduced, which means that for an extra amount of money you can use the ticket across the boundary, for example on the X50 all the way to Redditch or the 110 all the way to Tamworth.

Does anybody know anything more about this?

Cant see arriva agreeing to that or other operators would lose a fortune the pittance operators get from any n network pass and NXWM getting most of it, the n (centro) passes even though accepted on almost all buses NXWM stiil get a lot of the revenue so basically we are all subsidising NXWM why give them more with a proposed new ticket.
Was told by a driver earlier this week as a passenger had put £4.00 and wanted a daysaver - then he noted that 20p extra could have got him a nBus 1 Day
Reason driver's cannot tell passengers about nBus ticket is that they make more money selling daysaver obviously and get very little apparantly from selling 'n' tickets

I used to tell people all the time about Nbus tickets and I worked for NXWM we can tell people why are you talking crap its called customer service
I asked a 'few' drivers and this is now I am aware it is good customer service but some have told me they don't tell since they want company to make money

Discodave

still think its a load of crap trying to promote a multi operator pass does not contrevene any law so you are talking crap

richie

Quote from: Discodave on September 01, 2012, 05:25:00 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on August 31, 2012, 05:52:03 PM
Quote from: Discodave on August 31, 2012, 12:22:11 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on August 30, 2012, 10:14:13 PM
I had heard that an nbus plus ticket was to be introduced, which means that for an extra amount of money you can use the ticket across the boundary, for example on the X50 all the way to Redditch or the 110 all the way to Tamworth.

Does anybody know anything more about this?

Cant see arriva agreeing to that or other operators would lose a fortune the pittance operators get from any n network pass and NXWM getting most of it, the n (centro) passes even though accepted on almost all buses NXWM stiil get a lot of the revenue so basically we are all subsidising NXWM why give them more with a proposed new ticket.
Was told by a driver earlier this week as a passenger had put £4.00 and wanted a daysaver - then he noted that 20p extra could have got him a nBus 1 Day
Reason driver's cannot tell passengers about nBus ticket is that they make more money selling daysaver obviously and get very little apparantly from selling 'n' tickets

I used to tell people all the time about Nbus tickets and I worked for NXWM we can tell people why are you talking crap its called customer service

Like you said used to work for nxwm so you don't know what their current policy and procedures are so perhaps your talking crap? And how is telling a passenger about an n bus over a day saver good customer service in the eyes of nx if they are recieving less revenue from it?

Discodave

when they recieve most of the revenue of any N ticket used whatever the company and whoever sells it I dont think so and the pass revenue from them too

vinh1000

Quote from: Discodave on September 01, 2012, 09:43:01 PM
still think its a load of crap trying to promote a multi operator pass does not contrevene any law so you are talking crap
I agree it does not contrevane any law set

richie

Quote from: Discodave on September 02, 2012, 09:22:19 AM
when they recieve most of the revenue of any N ticket used whatever the company and whoever sells it I dont think so and the pass revenue from them too

So if you were the boss of a transport operator and you recieved 70 percent off an n ticket or 100 percent of your own what would you prefer?

Discodave

when you are getting the reveune from various streams it does not really matter passengers come first in my book

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk