News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Nbus, where does the zone stop

Started by danny, August 30, 2012, 05:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

Hi guys i need to go to henley in arden tomorrow and just wanted to know if my nbus pass will cover the entire journey, i no they are accepted because the scania olumpus's which roam the X20 carry the little sticker, but where is the cut off point?
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Tony

Quote from: danny on August 30, 2012, 05:33:34 PM
Hi guys i need to go to henley in arden tomorrow and just wanted to know if my nbus pass will cover the entire journey, i no they are accepted because the scania olumpus's which roam the X20 carry the little sticker, but where is the cut off point?

No it is not valid to Henley. Boundary is the county boundary and the end of Shirley

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Stu

Would an nBus ticket not be valid on the X20 to Hockley Heath then? As other Centro supported services (S3) serve Hockley Heath?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on August 30, 2012, 07:09:19 PM
Would an nBus ticket not be valid on the X20 to Hockley Heath then? As other Centro supported services (S3) serve Hockley Heath?

Yes it is, I forgot there was that little spur in the County boundary. NXWM don't run down there so I don't need to know that one. The rule I put about the county boundary still applies which is shown on this map for that area
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/web/FILES/Solihull_WEB.pdf

Bob

its a pain tony, its stupid that when catching a bus entering the west midlands conurbation, eg say if i was going to walsall from Cannock, that id have to pay extra up to the boundary point. doesnt exactly promote joined up travel, you can use the n train ticket upto Hednesford so why not bus services?

Tony

Quote from: bob on August 30, 2012, 08:21:33 PM
its a pain tony, its stupid that when catching a bus entering the west midlands conurbation, eg say if i was going to walsall from Cannock, that id have to pay extra up to the boundary point. doesnt exactly promote joined up travel, you can use the n train ticket upto Hednesford so why not bus services?

Because West Midlands PTE (Centro) have the power to support train services up to 20 miles outside the county boundary and they have decided that as they do financially support that line outside the boundary they will make their ticket valid on it. They do not financially support any bus services to Cannock (see X31!)

Of note is that it is only the nTrain ticket, and not the nNetwork ticket which I have. I have to pay £124 per year extra to extend that to Hednesford

fleetline6477

I had heard that an nbus plus ticket was to be introduced, which means that for an extra amount of money you can use the ticket across the boundary, for example on the X50 all the way to Redditch or the 110 all the way to Tamworth.

Does anybody know anything more about this?

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on August 30, 2012, 08:33:59 PM
Quote from: bob on August 30, 2012, 08:21:33 PM

Because West Midlands PTE (Centro) have the power to support train services up to 20 miles outside the county boundary and they have decided that as they do financially support that line outside the boundary they will make their ticket valid on it. They do not financially support any bus services to Cannock (see X31!)

Of note is that it is only the nTrain ticket, and not the nNetwork ticket which I have. I have to pay £124 per year extra to extend that to Hednesford
Thats the thing I hate about nNetwork - not valid in the purple network rail zone
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/web/FILES/nbus_nnetworkMap.pdf
nBus plus ticket sounds interesting

Discodave

Quote from: fleetline6477 on August 30, 2012, 10:14:13 PM
I had heard that an nbus plus ticket was to be introduced, which means that for an extra amount of money you can use the ticket across the boundary, for example on the X50 all the way to Redditch or the 110 all the way to Tamworth.

Cant see arriva agreeing to that or other operators would lose a fortune the pittance operators get from any n network pass and NXWM getting most of it, the n (centro) passes even though accepted on almost all buses NXWM stiil get a lot of the revenue so basically we are all subsidising NXWM why give them more with a proposed new ticket.

Discodave

Quote from: danny on August 30, 2012, 05:33:34 PM

So do all the arriva buses and they are in Stafford,Cannock etc.

vinh1000

Quote from: Discodave on August 31, 2012, 12:22:11 PM

Cant see arriva agreeing to that or other operators would lose a fortune the pittance operators get from any n network pass and NXWM getting most of it, the n (centro) passes even though accepted on almost all buses NXWM stiil get a lot of the revenue so basically we are all subsidising NXWM why give them more with a proposed new ticket.
Was told by a driver earlier this week as a passenger had put £4.00 and wanted a daysaver - then he noted that 20p extra could have got him a nBus 1 Day
Reason driver's cannot tell passengers about nBus ticket is that they make more money selling daysaver obviously and get very little apparantly from selling 'n' tickets

Lukeee

Quote from: vinh1000 on August 31, 2012, 05:52:03 PM

Was told by a driver earlier this week as a passenger had put £4.00 and wanted a daysaver - then he noted that 20p extra could have got him a nBus 1 Day
Reason driver's cannot tell passengers about nBus ticket is that they make more money selling daysaver obviously and get very little apparantly from selling 'n' tickets

I once had a driver point this out to me many years ago back on the 68A/C. Nice to see honest fare advice.

vinh1000

Quote from: Lukeee on August 31, 2012, 10:20:52 PM

I once had a driver point this out to me many years ago back on the 68A/C. Nice to see honest fare advice.
I wish the 68 came back

Discodave

I used to tell people all the time about Nbus tickets and I worked for NXWM we can tell people why are you talking crap its called customer service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk