News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Withdrawn routes

Started by woody38, August 28, 2012, 06:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Ash on August 28, 2012, 09:38:58 PM
Is there a link to vosa stating these changes i cant find them on the website thanks

http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/VOSA_SelfServiceOpBusRegSearch_New.asp

Change registration/application types to view all
Select West Midlands traffic area
& todays date

D10

Quote from: Ash on August 28, 2012, 09:38:58 PM
Is there a link to vosa stating these changes i cant find them on the website thanks

Ash:

I find the best way is to go to the link that Stu put on earlier, then select "View All" in the drop down box. Then tick on "West Midland Traffic Area" and leave the date as today, then click on the "Search" button.

Ash

Thanks for your help Winston and D10 will try that now

Ash

Diamond have been advertising for new drivers on the back of their buses surely with the loss of these contracts some of the drivers will lose their jobs as there wont be enough work to go around, i stand corrected if someone has a different solution.

fleetline6477

Quote from: Winston on August 28, 2012, 08:58:02 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on August 28, 2012, 08:48:59 PM
Fair enough thanks for the info tho glad 37/97 going-they should add 17 to the list as well

Rotala are obviously finding it tough to make decent returns of some of their commercial services and can't justify the cost of upgrading the fleet to meet the minimum Euro 3 requirements in Jan 2013. I always thought the 97 did alright loading wise, I knew the 37 didn't carry very many passengers

With Rolata also loosing the 30 & 82A, I wonder where those Signature branded vehicles may end up?

The 82A is a scholday variation of the 82 so I assume that this journey will just operate as a normal 82.

winston

Quote from: woody38 on August 28, 2012, 06:42:53 PM
Looks like Rotalo are slimming down there route network, the following rouites are down for withdrawn from October 2012 on the vosa site

56-56A  Brownhills West-Birmingham
59-59H Wolverhampton-Ashmore Park
167-168Erdington-Sutton
97         Birmingham-Solihull
82A       Balsall Comman-Solihull
332       Walsall Circular
37         Birmingham-Solihull
30         Solihull-Accocks Green
47         Coventry-Canley Station
41         Coventry Circular

Blue Diamond have cancelled the Coventry 30 today as well on VOSA

Discodave

Quote from: Tony on August 28, 2012, 07:32:47 PM
Quote from: Stu on August 28, 2012, 07:29:28 PM
Quote from: woody38 on August 28, 2012, 06:42:53 PM
Looks like Rotalo are slimming down there route network, the following rouites are down for withdrawn from October 2012 on the vosa site

56-56A  Brownhills West-Birmingham
59-59H Wolverhampton-Ashmore Park
167-168Erdington-Sutton
97         Birmingham-Solihull
82A       Balsall Comman-Solihull
332       Walsall Circular
37         Birmingham-Solihull
30         Solihull-Accocks Green
47         Coventry-Canley Station
41         Coventry Circular

The 37/56/97 certainly makes sense as it seems clear at the moment that Diamond do not have enough buses that will meet the emissions requirements from January 2013 for all their City Centre routes, and certainly having seen some of the loadings on their 37 service recently they can't be making much on there, and I imagine NXWM wouldn't have to put on any extra buses to cope.

Wonder about the 30 though, and whether another operator will take it over and have a go, though I think it might only survive as a peak-time 'school service', as that seemed to be the only times (when I travelled on it when operated by NXWM) it ever had any full loads.

Oh, and the VOSA site is here: http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/VOSA_SelfServiceOpBusRegSearch_New.asp

Most of these are as a result of the October tender changes, now they are appearing here I can put on the odd ones I mentioned earlier. The 56A evenings has been won by NXWM (yes they do win some tenders!) they will be operated as 935As, see the route/timetable change for that also registered today.

The Arriva route, that they have not won the tender for is the 33A, Walsall to Brownhills which you will notice has been regsiered by Diamond.

Has the announcements been made though? and will the 935A run into brownhills or will it run a variation of the existing 935A into Walsall

Tony

The 935A will run through to Brownhills

Liberator9

Silverline would be the kind of operator to run the 30; maybe at peak times only though. No surprise over the 37 as it is just running empty these days. One of the 30 Versas came on the S2 yesterday so they're obviously sticking round on Signature.

Ash

Will diamond be trying out any more commercial services in replacement or will this allow diamond to withdraw its older vehicles and sort out its fleet also i mentioned previously diamond are advertising for more driver 'join our company etc' on the back of their buses surely with service cuts they will need less drivers not more ?

Bob

If Diamond are withdrawing the 56 daytime maybe arriva will take it on? they ran it for years before

dayvid

What are the Dunnys up to ? Something fishy is going on?

Tony

Quote from: bob on August 29, 2012, 06:05:46 PM
If Diamond are withdrawing the 56 daytime maybe arriva will take it on? they ran it for years before

Centro are saying it was an error by Diamond, the daytime is not withdrawn, not quite sure how you accidently deregister a complete service, but that is what has apparently happened

Ossie

I'll be interested to see what happens regarding the 167/168. 

The 168 was extended to serve Pype Hayes estate when there was a huge outcry over the termination of the old NXWM 68A/C route.  I don't know about the loadings at the Erdington end but it always seems pretty popular leaving Sutton town centre with weekday shoppers, as it does run round several housing estates that otherwise don't have services.  I think the 167 is perhaps less well used.

andy

Quote from: Ossie on August 29, 2012, 08:41:04 PM
I'll be interested to see what happens regarding the 167/168. 

The 168 was extended to serve Pype Hayes estate when there was a huge outcry over the termination of the old NXWM 68A/C route.  I don't know about the loadings at the Erdington end but it always seems pretty popular leaving Sutton town centre with weekday shoppers, as it does run round several housing estates that otherwise don't have services.  I think the 167 is perhaps less well used.

Well I'm sure they were tendered? I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Arriva have won them. They used to operate these routes in the form of the old 165, 117 and 623 for many years and they wanted and won the 604 so I would imagine these tenders fit in for them? Does anyone know?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk