News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Merry Hill Bus Station

Started by Andrew1991, August 23, 2012, 11:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Some of the mercs at PE already have on board speakers and on screen stop displays telling you of the next stop from when they were used on the 404 they seem to work well on the 404  and I know 1525/1537/1658 has them onboard dont know wether they were taken out of the withdrawn mercs

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Having travelled on the vast majority of PE Merc's I think there is only around 5 with the technology remaining with the three you mentioned being some of them, but this is still surely nowhere near enough to cover 246, X96, and 297

Ash

No its not but 15 of the mercs at WB when used to be specifically for the 404 had them and some of the tridents on the 900 so there were a few around.

Andrew1991

Doesn't euro 5 mean that the merc's won't be able to serve brierley hill/merry hill anyway. So what's going to happen with all of those being transferred to pensnett, are they going to transfer to somewhere else when the new buses are delivered or are they destined for the scrap heap. 

Tomjusttom

One way ticket to west bromwich??

Ash

Quote from: Tomjusttom on September 03, 2012, 01:00:13 PM
One way ticket to west bromwich??

West Bromwich or Wolverhampton or the newer ones to Coventry to replace the older R reg ones currently in use there

Badger

How many buses will this £2.2m buy? I'm not too savvy on prices, I'd guess what, £100k for a single, £200k for one of the hybrid doubles?

I'm hoping that out of either this or the new hybrids for WN the 255 will get some new buses, it's my most used route once I'm in Wolverhampton.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

JackC

Quote from: Badger on September 03, 2012, 04:35:48 PM
How many buses will this £2.2m buy? I'm not too savvy on prices, I'd guess what, £100k for a single, £200k for one of the hybrid doubles?

I'm hoping that out of either this or the new hybrids for WN the 255 will get some new buses, it's my most used route once I'm in Wolverhampton.

Doing a quick google search, an Enviro400H costs around £300k. I'd guess other hybrid deckers would be similarly priced. A normal double decker seems to come in at just under £200,000K, and so I'd guess a single decker would be around the £100k mark.

PM

Streetlite is £115-120, 000 other single decks heavy duty are more like over £140, 000

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk