News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Am I right in thinking that Silverline are the first operators of Streetlites in the West Midlands area?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Seen today in Covent Garden was two day old YR13 POJ
http://wmbusphotos.com/Silverline/YR13POJ.html

Wasn't expecting to find two day old vehicles from the West Midlands while in Luton!

Ossie

LOL, Tony, I saw YR13POJ yesterday as well, with that CBSO windscreen sticker - but at the Bagot Arms, Tyburn!!  It must have been on its way down to the M6 junction @ Castle Vale.   It was right behind Yardley Travel's T72WWV on route 28, another novelty!

Matt.N0056

One of Silverlines new vehicles has arrived, an enviro 200 in all over blue livery

Stu

QuoteS101 LBL & S107 LBL are to leave the fleet this month to be replaced by two new vehicles

From the main site fleetchanges list.

S107LBL is frequently used on the 36 service along with the 'newer' 56-plate Solos (though I saw one of the Streetlites on there today), so I wonder whether Silverline have purchased two Enviro200s to upgrade this route?

The last time I saw S101LBL (it's not really difficult to miss) was on Thursday I think.
My locals:

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on June 01, 2013, 03:41:47 PM
QuoteS101 LBL & S107 LBL are to leave the fleet this month to be replaced by two new vehicles

From the main site fleetchanges list.

S107LBL is frequently used on the 36 service along with the 'newer' 56-plate Solos (though I saw one of the Streetlites on there today), so I wonder whether Silverline have purchased two Enviro200s to upgrade this route?

The last time I saw S101LBL (it's not really difficult to miss) was on Thursday I think.

S101 LBL was actually withdrawn from service about a month ago. I've noticed yesterday and today not many solos being around, with 2 streetlites on the S10 yesterday and a streetlite and and enviro on the 36 today, so I assume 101/7 have now left.

I was told by a driver this morning the other one is due next week, so I suppose they should both be out next week, maybe the first will e out on Monday. And as you say I expect them to be on the 36 but you never know!

Stu

Sorry, I actually meant I last saw S107LBL on Thursday, not S101!

My locals:

Stu

On the 36, saw a Streetlite this morning in Sparkbrook, and YJ56APK in Acocks Green this evening (showing just '10' on the rear blind)!
My locals:

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on June 03, 2013, 07:59:05 PM
On the 36, saw a Streetlite this morning in Sparkbrook, and YJ56APK in Acocks Green this evening (showing just '10' on the rear blind)!

The new enviro was on there this evening,  thought it was a short wheelbase but it seems to be the same length as the others (one of which was on the S10 this evening).
The '10' was on APK on Saturday, on the S10. I think it had 36 on and the Driver just changed the numbers.

Stu

Saw a blue Enviro200 this morning on the 36 in Acocks Green, couldn't get the reg number as I was getting on the 37 at the time.

It appears to be the same colour as the Enviro200s used on the S9; wonder if this will receive branding for that route, and then the two older ones (though only 3 years old!) will go onto other routes?

My locals:

Tony

Matt.N0056

Stu

Quote from: neale95 on June 06, 2013, 09:31:42 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 06, 2013, 09:23:45 PM
YN13 GDY on the 36 today http://wmbusphotos.com/Silverline/YN13GDY.html

The other one - GBY, was at depot this afternoon

GBY was out on the 36 this morning. I don't know whether it was the light, but it looks more 'purple' than Tony's photo of GDY, same colour as the Blythe Valley Enviros.
My locals:

Stu

YN13GDY out on the 36 today, haven't seen either for a while, but this one has now gained Silverline logos.
My locals:

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on July 12, 2013, 06:03:22 PM
YN13GDY out on the 36 today, haven't seen either for a while, but this one has now gained Silverline logos.

EDO was off the road the begining of the week and the Solos seem to be breaking down the last couple of days - 1 yesterday & 1 today i think.

Also I think S101/7 have now gone for scrap (if thats still where they're heading) - I am told a Silverline solo was being towed followed by another red solo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk