News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Quote from: andy41 on September 30, 2021, 10:48:20 PM
I've never read so much contrived nonsense in my life as some of the constructed theories above.

Total nepotism of the highest order from people who clearly know nothing about operating buses.

Any posts in particular @andy41 ? I'm genuinely interested in which posts.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Steveminor

@Wumpty maybe you didn't read Stu last comment!!!

Wumpty

Quote from: Steveminor on October 01, 2021, 09:13:20 AM
@Wumpty maybe you didn't read Stu last comment!!!

I did Steve - as I'm unable to quote from this thread into the new thread directly, then it's a question and kept in context. You'll see that I've addressed in the new thread, as you've replied to it.

You're not a moderator Steve so, with respect, not your place to point it out or make a smart, point-scoring remark - and certainly without the rudeness of exclamation marks, which are unnecessary (please learn about punctuation, grammar and manners).

Feel free to PM me should you absolutely need to continue this discussion.

Moderators - sincere apologies for responding to Steve's remarks on this thread - future posts will be on topic or posted elsewhere appropriately.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Trident 4194

Quote from: j789 on September 30, 2021, 09:22:40 PM
Another factor to consider with 'certain' smaller companies (I am not suggesting Landflight are like this as I do not know them well) is that the standard of drivers may not be the greatest and hence their drivers won't be of interest to any HGV firms (or similar) for driving jobs there. I have plenty of experience over the years of seeing drivers being dismissed by my company for various misdemeanours and then turning up working for these certain other companies a few weeks later.

In the current climate, highly trained NXWM drivers with exemplary driving records and longer periods of service for the company will be very attractive to HGV recruiters and are more likely to be able to obtain new jobs. Those drivers who have had multiple jobs with different bus companies over a short period of time will be far less attractive so less likely to leave their bus company.

NXWM, First, Stagecoach etc having high training and employment standards are actually creating the situation where their drivers are the most attractive for other driving jobs because those companies know these drivers are of a good quality.

A bus license is a bus license at the end of the day. You must have passed a test to be able to drive these buses so that's an absolute nonsense comment. Maybe if nx didn't sack people constantly or made it a better working environment then these drivers wouldn't leave?? A smaller companies drivers are likely to be a closer knit group and feel more appreciated by their boss rather than at nx where a driver is just a number?

With the stories from @2900 it's hardly a surprise they have a driver shortage

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 01, 2021, 05:30:34 PM
. Maybe if nx didn't sack people constantly

Can you back up that with facts?

j789

Quote from: metrocity on October 01, 2021, 07:24:02 AM
Is this a serious comment ?

Please outline exactly on the other 'driver shortage' thread exactly why you think I'm not serious. Do you work in the industry on a daily basis? I do and what I say is backed up by actual experience of this. The stories I have heard about maintenance and management standards at other companies DIRECTLY from drivers with experience working for those companies is mind boggling. I'm clearly not saying every driver in those companies is bad as that isn't true but the overall standards at some of these 'run 3 minutes in front of the competitor' companies will certainly not be as high as one of the larger companies like NXWM.

I'd be interested to hear why you think this isn't the case?

Westy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely if Landflight were unable to fufill their services, for whatever reason, TfWM would have to step in & retender the routes, so already putting pressure on already strained workforces, for whoever took on the routes.

All I can say is nice one NX for coming to the rescue over the fuel issue.

BBS

Quote from: Westy on October 02, 2021, 08:50:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely if Landflight were unable to fufill their services, for whatever reason, TfWM would have to step in & retender the routes, so already putting pressure on already strained workforces, for whoever took on the routes.

All I can say is nice one NX for coming to the rescue over the fuel issue.
Yes NX is doing the right thing and selling fuel off to landflight. Not sure why steve thinks this is a issue.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Landflight A5 from Solihull to Dickens Heath/Cheswick Green failed to operate today at 11.22. The service was not operating at all, as there was no sign of any bus out on the A5.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on October 29, 2021, 03:38:46 PM
Landflight A5 from Solihull to Dickens Heath/Cheswick Green failed to operate today at 11.22. The service was not operating at all, as there was no sign of any bus out on the A5.

Probably short of drivers.

Makes the most sense to cut the A5, as the entire route is served by the A4/A7/A8.

Quote from: MW on October 29, 2021, 03:58:47 PM
Probably short of drivers.

Makes the most sense to cut the A5, as the entire route is served by the A4/A7/A8.
I thought it'd probably be that, but if they can't run the service as per the timetable, then surely they need to change the timetable to reflect it, as not very good not running the service at all.
There was one woman going round asking where all the buses and trains are today to. The A7/A8 also don't go via Shirley like the A5 I don't think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on October 29, 2021, 04:04:15 PM
I thought it'd probably be that, but if they can't run the service as per the timetable, then surely they need to change the timetable to reflect it, as not very good not running the service at all.
There was one woman going round asking where all the buses and trains are today to. The A7/A8 also don't go via Shirley like the A5 I don't think.

The A4 goes through Shirley. The A5 only maintains a 30 min frequency between Solihull & Dickens Heath. The A4 is still operating so in effect every other bus is operating as normal.

In their defence, it does say on their Twitter page that the A5 is not operating for the remainder of the day and will resume tomorrow.
https://mobile.twitter.com/landflightb

They also (usually) have an inspector in Solihull Town Centre informing passengers of the cancellation.

You can't hold the blame on them as this is due to driver shortages.

BBS

Landfight Blythe Valley E200 branding removed and now generic blue but has some paint damage
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

GoldenSquid

Whilst in Solihull today, I noticed that Landflight got a new bus YX22 OHD.

Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

MW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk