News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metrocity

Quote from: Winston on January 07, 2019, 07:46:54 PM
Sounds like Landflight have cleaned up then...
There was another suggestion that an operator has registered majority of 31 commercially now so who knows!

metrocity

Quote from: Winston on January 11, 2019, 06:06:54 PM

Blimey, what happened to simplifying route numbers??
A stands for 'Arden network' or the 'A class of service'

I despair...

Tony

Quote from: metrocity on January 11, 2019, 06:15:21 PM
There was another suggestion that an operator has registered majority of 31 commercially now so who knows!

Not quite sure about these comments on the 31.

It is a commercial NXWM service, not a tendered route anyway

Steveminor

It was up for tender so obviously if you're saying it's commercial for nxwm they must have changed their minds.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on January 11, 2019, 06:42:37 PM
Not quite sure about these comments on the 31.

It is a commercial NXWM service, not a tendered route anyway

Quote from: Steveminor on January 11, 2019, 07:04:17 PM
It was up for tender so obviously if you're saying it's commercial for nxwm they must have changed their minds.

I was a bit puzzled myself about these comments regarding the 31, as I believed it was a mainly commercial service.

Could the tenders just be for evening or Sunday services perhaps? Don't know if these were previously subsidised.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

metrocity

Quote from: Stu on January 11, 2019, 08:37:51 PM
I was a bit puzzled myself about these comments regarding the 31, as I believed it was a mainly commercial service.

Could the tenders just be for evening or Sunday services perhaps? Don't know if these were previously subsidised.
No - the tender that went out was for Monday to Sunday daytimes

Solo1

How many new buses are landfight having for the new services

winston

Quote from: metrocity on January 11, 2019, 06:20:23 PM
A stands for 'Arden network' or the 'A class of service'

I despair...

I don't see the problem with retaining the current 'S' routes for Solihull..... just seems another pointless change.

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on January 12, 2019, 11:59:45 AM
I don't see the problem with retaining the current 'S' routes for Solihull..... just seems another pointless change.

I would have thought, if anything, the changes would bring about an end to the S or any letter and just a number used, does seem very strange in the current climate of "simplicity"
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

MW

Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2019, 03:07:02 PM
I would have thought, if anything, the changes would bring about an end to the S or any letter and just a number used, does seem very strange in the current climate of "simplicity"

Original tender specifications had normal numbers in place.

S11 to become 11
S1 to become 12
S3 Solihull-Dickens to become 33
S3W Solihull-Wythall to become 34
S2 Circular to become 78/79
S3 Solihull-Dorridge to become 83

I can only assume that the 'A' prefix was proposed by Landflight in their bids.

Quote from: MW on January 12, 2019, 03:11:36 PM
I can only assume that the 'A' prefix was proposed by Landflight in their bids.
Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2019, 03:07:02 PM
Have they chosen the the A prefix due to the operator name "Landflight"?
I still don't see what was wrong with the S prefix changing them to A1, etc does seem a bit of a pointless change. I don't see what relevance the A holds with these routes, anyway, as none of these routes go to the Airport.

Another thing that I find strange is why have 3 sperate route numbers for the S2, A6 - For Short Workings, A7 and A8 (alternating anticlockwise and clockwise directions), surely something like 78A, 78C and 78E would make more sence, it works well with the 11. You'd expect an A6, A7 and A8 would be 3 seperate routes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

metrocity

Quote from: 2206 on January 12, 2019, 04:00:38 PM
Have they chosen the the A prefix due to the operator name "Landflight"?
I still don't see what was wrong with the S prefix changing them to A1, etc does seem a bit of a pointless change. I don't see what relevance the A holds with these routes, anyway, as none of these routes go to the Airport.

Another thing that I find strange is why have 3 sperate route numbers for the S2, A6 - For Short Workings, A7 and A8 (alternating anticlockwise and clockwise directions), surely something like 78A, 78C and 78E would make more sence, it works well with the 11. You'd expect an A6, A7 and A8 would be 3 seperate routes.

Other operators routes in the area (temdered) are also having the 'A' prefix

Trident 4194

Advertising for new drivers, will be driving new vehicles too.

TFWM are a bit early, live departure board at Solihull Station says an A2 is due in a few minutes time.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Just seen two new Enviro200MMC in dealer white on Solihull By-Pass turning towards Landflight depot coming from the M42 direction.

YN68XXX I think the plates were.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk