News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Landflight (formerly Silverline)

Started by 966, August 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Quote from: 966 on August 26, 2012, 07:06:36 PM
Although none of the new vehicles that have arrived recently are in Silverline livery which is a shame, they're just plain white!

So?

Why's that a shame. I'm sure they'll be repainted before entering service. The Enviro200's were in white when new.

Quote from: Michael on August 26, 2012, 07:16:28 PM
Although none of the new vehicles that have arrived recently are in Silverline livery which is a shame, they're just plain white!

So?

Why's that a shame. I'm sure they'll be repainted before entering service. The Enviro200's were in white when new.

The Enviro's were repainted as they were for the Blythe Valley Shuttle along with the Mercedes Coach which was repainted for the B90. However, when they had the 'S' reg solo's one was partially repainted and the other is still in its original livery which looks rather 'tatty' and the 2 new Scania's have been in use since April and are still in White. The reason why I think it's a shame if they stay in white is because I think its much better seeing a bus in its operators livery. I personally think that the Silverline livery is quite good and therefore hope thay they do get painted before entering service.

Matt.N0056

No I dont think so. They already operate a shuttle service for them, to a car park near the airport.

The shuttle is being run by the Coach side of the business at the moment, so the buses must be to take over from them then if these are for the Land Rover. Silverline seem to be expanding slowly as they have 2 new Scania Coaches at the Depot which have been delivered recently and I don't think any vehicles have left the fleet. Although none of the new vehicles that have arrived recently are in Silverline livery which is a shame, they're just plain white!
[/quote]

Correct, that shuttle is being ran by the coaches, including the 2 Scanias.  These new buses will be for the new contract.
They have had some vehicles leave the fleet - both W218CDN and T69JBA went for scrap i believe and YN53EWG (if thats the right reg) was sold.

MW

Quote from: 966 on August 26, 2012, 10:52:30 PM
Quote from: Michael on August 26, 2012, 07:16:28 PM

So?

The Enviro's were repainted as they were for the Blythe Valley Shuttle along with the Mercedes Coach which was repainted for the B90. However, when they had the 'S' reg solo's one was partially repainted and the other is still in its original livery which looks rather 'tatty' and the 2 new Scania's have been in use since April and are still in White. The reason why I think it's a shame if they stay in white is because I think its much better seeing a bus in its operators livery. I personally think that the Silverline livery is quite good and therefore hope thay they do get painted before entering service.

Yeah I know they were repainted and I also know that the Blythe Valley contract demands dedicated vehicles, but what I'm saying is, they were in white originally, and because these new ones are for another contract, I think that there is every possibility that these will be sprayed before service.

Matt.N0056

There are now 4 streetlites parked up at their depot.

tphi12000

noted 4 streetlites on the Jaguar Castle Bromwich shuttle in 10 mins at star city this morning MX62ANR/AOG/AXH/AXN. Tony
Tony

mickeyfinn2010

One of the streetlites has just come out of Lyndon Road and turned left towards birmingham.
There was no livery on the side just the silverline name and it was showing destination "sorry not on service"

The two irizar coaches can be seen regularly on the Land Rover car park shuttle heading up towards birmingham airport.

suavegarv

spotted a streetlite on church road,yardley heading towards the swan island yesterday morning {monday} around 8:50 ish and one today {tuesday} going down moat lane,yardley at around the same. on both days they buses were displaying "not in service".didnt expect to see them so unable to clock their registrations.

Liberator9

I would like to see Silverline get a few more of the services; the S2 and S3 for certain. Silverline are a small but smart operator; they have chosen buses I favour so only if they could operate the S2 and S3....

MW

Imagine if Arriva went to the next level and won the S2/S3 contract...

Whoever wins it, I'd like to see the Solihull Signature brand kept in some form.

Matt.N0056

suavegarv

...spotted it at 9:35 leaving Mole Street,Sparkbrook. Not sure whether the others have had ticket machines installed as one passed me in Yardley on Monday morning without one.

Stu

There was a Streetlite running on the 36 yesterday and today also.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Matt.N0056

Quote from: suavegarv on October 17, 2012, 11:10:24 PM
Not sure whether the others have had ticket machines installed as one passed me in Yardley on Monday morning without one.

2 now have ticket machines fitted I believe. AXH and ANR, which was on the S10 today

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk