News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Deckers in Cannock

Started by Discodave, August 20, 2012, 01:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Deckers wouldnt be all that much dearer than full size singles to run would they? certain trips on the Staffords need em, and they used to be regulars on the 70

arrivaaston

Bob

Crikey my wish came true lol! I hope its intended to stay at Cannock :)

Discodave

Quote from: bob on September 28, 2012, 03:44:47 PM
Deckers wouldnt be all that much dearer than full size singles to run would they? certain trips on the Staffords need em, and they used to be regulars on the 70

I know I drove them and looks like it a post I started has made someone happy a decker for you Bob no I did not allocate it but wish I could allocate all the darts to EMR darlaston but thats another subject.

ARRIVA CK SI

Doubt deckers will last at CANNOCK for long we only ever seem to get deckers at CANNOCK these days when events like the V Festival or flower show are on none seem to last

Bob

its stupid, they could do with at least a couple

Bruce_LOA400X

Some of the refurb London Deckers there are/were bound for Leicester.

4791 was from thr reserve pool I think, and was operational in Thurmaston???
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

Bob

I reckon they should reduce the 25/6 to half-hourly and decker them. thats frequent enough, they dont need to be every bloody 12/15 mins its daft. Surprised the buses on it dont get vandalised as the route gos through the scummiest bits of Cannock/Hednesford

arrivaaston

Apparently the deckers a permanent fix at cannock

Bob

Just the one? like Dave says it must be for the Amazon route then. wouldnt be surprised if theres another allocated soon then as it would need a reserve vehicle surely

arrivaaston

Apparently ther gona be a couple of deckers for the amazon contract, I saw a decker heading towards cannock yard this morning

Bob

bummer pity we wont see them in normal service

Bruce_LOA400X

I'm wondering if they are shifting the ALX400's from Thurmaston onto Cannock, the drivers are not keen on them here in Leicester. The wigston drivers grumble less as they like DAF engined stuff anyway (since the majority of deckers there are DAF).

you are probably getting the unreliable ones which is great for us and bad for you... some of then need a good going over!
Transport campaigner and Avid transport enthusiast

Discodave

would not suprise me bruce cannock always have leicesters shit the sb200 used on the 1 were knackered when they came 3704 was a right state the turbocharger was shot some of the step darts from there were crap 2047 springs to mind glad they are gone and with the fitters at cannock a good going over will mean they are even shitter just because they have the facilities does not mean they get looked after saw 2701 in Bloxwich and the engine was shot smoke and rattling and this was from a 54 plate bus so not that old it was ready for death suprised if it would make cannock.

Bob

Just seen a Lichfield bound 60 leaving Cannock with a standing load almost to the back and an incoming 75 from Stafford with a large standing load, so its obvious that there are some journeys requiring double decking. The 825 should go back to Stafford, then it wouldnt matter what it was operated with, and as ive said before i dont think daytime 74/75s are interworked so deckers on certain journeys shouldnt be a problem. Sort it out Arriva! The 1 in Burton isnt any busier than the 74/5!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk