News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Midland Metro

Started by davey, August 16, 2012, 12:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davey

Noted Number 9 "Jeff Astle" with LED displays this morning at it arrived at St. Georges. Are there plans to rid the blinds on the rest of the in service fleet?
Long live 4001!
PE Radio Operations - "1540, go ahead"
1540 driver - "The engines died, AGAIN!"

Arn't they all being replaced with new trams soon? I heard they are already being built?
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

davey

Quote from: 4006 on August 16, 2012, 05:03:21 PM
Arn't they all being replaced with new trams soon? I heard they are already being built?

This also crossed by mind 4006. I was led to believe the new trams were coming in with the opening of the extension to New Street. Unless some existing will be retained also?
Long live 4001!
PE Radio Operations - "1540, go ahead"
1540 driver - "The engines died, AGAIN!"

Stu

As far as I can see on the ConnectedCity website, none of the current trams will be suitable to use on the extended line in the City Centre, due to the sharp turn and the gradient of the road! So no, none of the current fleet will be retained, they will all be replaced eventually with brand new trams.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

I believe the old ones are being kept as spares and may be used on any future extensions. Extra sidings are being laid at the depot to store them

Tram 1 & 2 are near West Brom Sidings obviously being used for spares at the mo last time I was there what a presevation project that would be. Only trouble is where would you run it? and where would you get parts?!!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

richie

So would the metro depot have to extend

Badger

It's expanding quite massively, yes. Work is already under way.
My local's the 3 and 63.
Casual bus user. Doesn't know much other than some buses look nicer than others.
Contractual web developer, self employed game designer/programmer, Wolverhampton bjorn and bread.

Tony

Quote from: 4006 on August 17, 2012, 09:18:14 PM
Tram 1 & 2 are near West Brom Sidings obviously being used for spares at the mo last time I was there what a presevation project that would be. Only trouble is where would you run it? and where would you get parts?!!!

Tram 02 would not take mcuh to get running again, it was actually near to re entering service about 6 months ago, but has had a few parts taken off again since. 01 is a different case

settlerman

I have used the Metro about 15 times and yesterday was the first time I have been on one without a conductor on. Is this usual? Got on at West Bromwhich towards Birmingham at 13.45hrs.

danny

Ive had that about 5 times, traveling from brum to wolvo, was quite wierd u was expecting someone may join at wednesbury
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

vinh1000

Quote from: danny on September 08, 2012, 03:05:31 PM
Ive had that about 5 times, traveling from brum to wolvo, was quite wierd u was expecting someone may join at wednesbury
happens a lot recently
Use metro quite frequently and barely no conductors
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

danny

Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

settlerman

Tony

Not really, have you seen how few people actually pay cash fares on the Metro

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk