News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Ticket price changes 30th June 2024

Started by Rachvince53, June 13, 2024, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: PhageyMcPhage on June 15, 2024, 08:47:16 AMThe nbus zone does not include Lichfield and never has. Lots of people probably are travelling out of area though and I can understand drivers not wanting the argument.
National Express stated that they were accepting nBus tickets on all services, so yes it is valid to Lichfield on the two NX services that serve Lichfield

PhageyMcPhage

Quote from: Tony on June 15, 2024, 09:12:01 AMNational Express stated that they were accepting nBus tickets on all services, so yes it is valid to Lichfield on the two NX services that serve Lichfield
https://ticketsearch.tfwm.org.uk/#/ticket/63

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/tickets-prices/single-trips-day-tickets

Where does it say valid to Lichfield?

Tony

• Unlimited travel on all bus operators within the nBus zone and on all National Express buses

Adult travelcards and bus passes | NX Bus West Midlands

PhageyMcPhage

Quote from: Tony on June 15, 2024, 10:10:57 AM
  • Unlimited travel on all bus operators within the nBus zone and on all National Express buses

Adult travelcards and bus passes | NX Bus West Midlands
What is Daysaver Extra for then?

Tony

Quote from: PhageyMcPhage on June 15, 2024, 10:20:05 AMWhat is Daysaver Extra for then?
Because NX are not allowed to SELL nBus outside the county, so that is the ticket sold when purchasing a day ticket outside the area

Westy

Quote from: Tony on June 15, 2024, 10:30:32 AMBecause NX are not allowed to SELL nBus outside the county, so that is the ticket sold when purchasing a day ticket outside the area
I'm probably missing something here.

An Nbus day ticket purchased within the WM County can be used on the NX services only outside the county, as well as all operators within the WM County, so that was the only ticket available.

The NX Daysaver Extra, (now the NX Extra!) can only be purchased outside the WM County from NX buses, but can only be valid on NX buses, even within the WM county, so someone coming in from Staffordshire into Birmingham for example, would have to hope that their next bus onwards is NX operated!

Why, if I've got this right, wouldn't an Extra ticket let you use other operators within the WM county area?

(At least my bus pass hasn't appeared to have changed, if what the TfWM bloke said is correct!)

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Westy on June 15, 2024, 12:57:13 PMI'm probably missing something here.

An Nbus day ticket purchased within the WM County can be used on the NX services only outside the county, as well as all operators within the WM County, so that was the only ticket available.

The NX Daysaver Extra, (now the NX Extra!) can only be purchased outside the WM County from NX buses, but can only be valid on NX buses, even within the WM county, so someone coming in from Staffordshire into Birmingham for example, would have to hope that their next bus onwards is NX operated!

Why, if I've got this right, wouldn't an Extra ticket let you use other operators within the WM county area?

(At least my bus pass hasn't appeared to have changed, if what the TfWM bloke said is correct!)
Not sure on the other operators bit, but for example if I had got on the Number 8 in Lichfield and lost my Daysaver or The journey was in reverse and I was travelling to Darlo I could only get the NX Ticket as I ay in the Nbus Area. I would imagine this being an NX only ticket means I probably could only travel on NX Buses.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on June 15, 2024, 02:04:10 PMNot sure on the other operators bit, but for example if I had got on the Number 8 in Lichfield and lost my Daysaver or The journey was in reverse and I was travelling to Darlo I could only get the NX Ticket as I ay in the Nbus Area. I would imagine this being an NX only ticket means I probably could only travel on NX Buses.
Yes, so why are passengers starting their journey from outside the WM County on NX Buses, to travel into the WM County being penalised?

Even the 'new' Extra ticket, they are paying more for less validity.

The only way they could get round this, it appears, is to pay on the bus to the boundary, then pay for the Nbus ticket from there.

Look, I get the ticket is only valid outside the county on NX, but why give those passengers less for more, once they get inside the county?

ellspurs

TfWM aren't getting their cut of the fare outside of the boundary.

Lukeee

Because the other operators wouldn't get a cut of the revenue from the Daysaver extra ticket, so why should they let anyone with the ticket travel. With the NBus ticket all operators receive at least some of the revenue from the tickets where as the daysaver extra tickets all revenue goes to NX as its a NX product.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on June 15, 2024, 03:11:14 PMYes, so why are passengers starting their journey from outside the WM County on NX Buses, to travel into the WM County being penalised?

The only way they could get round this, it appears, is to pay on the bus to the boundary, then pay for the Nbus ticket from there.

Look, I get the ticket is only valid outside the county on NX, but why give those passengers less for more, once they get inside the county?
The same principle applies to other operators such as Arriva and Stagecoach, where their services start/finish outside the nBus area.

You can travel from Stratford into Coventry or Solihull with a MegaRider, but then you can only use it on other Stagecoach services.

If the new NX Outer Zones ticket is only valid on NX bus services, then passengers travelling from outside the West Midlands are hardly being 'penalised', not while NX still operate the majority of bus services here.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Busmapper

Quote from: Westy on June 15, 2024, 03:11:14 PMwhy are passengers starting their journey from outside the WM County on NX Buses, to travel into the WM County being penalised?

Been thinking this through using a hypothetical example journey of Bromsgrove to Balsall Common (changing at Longbridge and Solihull using NX, NX & Stagecoach) and return.
Sole adult saves 20p by deffing off the Outer Zone day ticket and instead paying single first then a regular nbus day ticket to cover all other journeys, total cost £6.80.
As ever if 2 adults or family travelling together, substitute buying individual nbus tickets for the group ticket.
If group reached 4 adults or a family of 6 then it becomes worth buying an Outer Zone group initially, then an nbus group when boarding the Stagecoach bus.

As has been established, if this journey is being made in reverse (one way) then just a single individual or group regular nbus ticket is all that is required.

Somethig else though is I can't see the point of the Outer Zone weekly or monthly direct debit tickets when the regular weekly and monthly direct debit versions state 'Unlimited travel on all bus operators within the nbus zone and on all National Express buses'.
The point of purchase (residence location) surely isn't relevant here and can't be proven anyway.

JPC

Quote from: Busmapper on June 23, 2024, 08:25:54 AMSomethig else though is I can't see the point of the Outer Zone weekly or monthly direct debit tickets when the regular weekly and monthly direct debit versions state 'Unlimited travel on all bus operators within the nbus zone and on all National Express buses'.
The point of purchase (residence location) surely isn't relevant here and can't be proven anyway.

But for this fare revision from next week all the nBus tickets will NO LONGER be valid on NX Buses outside the nBus zone, hence the introduction of the Outer zones ticket.
The NX ticket machines should be smart enough to continue to accept outside the zone 1/4/52 week nBus tickets which have started before 30th June up until they expire. Direct Debit tickets will most likely stop being accepted on the day or within a month.

Stu

Quote from: JPC on June 23, 2024, 12:11:09 PMBut for this fare revision from next week all the nBus tickets will NO LONGER be valid on NX Buses outside the nBus zone, hence the introduction of the Outer zones ticket.
The NX ticket machines should be smart enough to continue to accept outside the zone 1/4/52 week nBus tickets which have started before 30th June up until they expire. Direct Debit tickets will most likely stop being accepted on the day or within a month.
I'm curious to see what will happen with my DD pass, so I'm planning on trying both days next weekend as a comparison.

I recently contacted NX Bus as I started having issues having my monthly DD pass accepted on other operators' services.

Long and short of it, they issued a replacement card, then after I called them up as requested to, they simply 'added' the nBus monthly ticket onto my card.
https://wmbu.org.uk/2024/05/problems-using-your-nx-direct-debit-regional-travelcard-on-other-services/

So my 'new' NX Swift card has two products on it now:

I'll just do a trip out to Cannock or Bromsgrove on both days, and see what happens when I use my pass for the return journey!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on June 23, 2024, 03:49:44 PMI'm curious to see what will happen with my DD pass, so I'm planning on trying both days next weekend as a comparison.

I recently contacted NX Bus as I started having issues having my monthly DD pass accepted on other operators' services.

Long and short of it, they issued a replacement card, then after I called them up as requested to, they simply 'added' the nBus monthly ticket onto my card.
https://wmbu.org.uk/2024/05/problems-using-your-nx-direct-debit-regional-travelcard-on-other-services/

So my 'new' NX Swift card has two products on it now:

I'll just do a trip out to Cannock or Bromsgrove on both days, and see what happens when I use my pass for the return journey!

That image is similar, if not the same, as what my sister had, after she had to ring NX last year to update her pass, as she was worried about getting done for not having a valid pass for everyone else's services, bearing in mind where she works!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk