News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Predictions for 2024

Started by Stu, December 09, 2023, 07:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Quote from: joieman on December 18, 2023, 02:41:42 PMDue to Nottingham City Council issuing a Section 114 notice, the council will sell off their 82% stake in Nottingham City Transport, possibly to Transdev who have had an 18% stake in NCT since 2000.
That doesn't surprise me at all. 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

joieman

LD713821

Quote from: Stu on December 09, 2023, 07:48:42 PMJust for a bit of fun, what does your crystal ball see for next year?

I'll start with the following...

NX Bus's plan to have 300 new electric buses in service 'by December 2024' delayed until 2025 due to issues with getting chargers installed at garages.

Stagecoach to actually announce an order of electric buses for its Leamington, Nuneaton and Rugby garages, so that Coventry can become an all-electric bus city in 2025.

NX Coventry to announce and place an order for single-deck EVs.

Richard Parker to become the new Labour mayor of the West Midlands, and plans to franchise buses to be accelerated.

Opening of new rail stations at Moseley, Kings Heath and Pineapple Road delayed until 2025.

NX Bus announce locations of new garages in Longbridge and Kitts Green to replace the Birmingham Central depot.

Stagecoach to announce and open a new depot in Birmingham/Solihull.

The 20 hydrogen buses at Walsall will be used all day every day of the week.

Looks like this was accurate 

MW

Quote from: LD713821 on May 04, 2024, 09:03:50 PMLooks like this was accurate

A further drop in Mobico shares..?

winston

Quote from: MW on May 04, 2024, 09:26:19 PMA further drop in Mobico shares..?
WMT Ltd suddenly lost a who heap of value at 9pm tonight. 

Based on Mobico winning diddly squat from 3 x Manchester Franchise rounds, it doesn't bode well for NXWM.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 10, 2023, 10:53:39 AMFor Coventry -

£2 single fare cap to continue up to the election. TRUE
NXC will take over the 60 from SC and up the service freq to 30 mins. NOT YET
SC 86 to revert back to 30 min freq and extended to Coventry rail station. NOT YET
Diamond will take over the A Line depot to have a base on the east side of West Mids for Coventry/Rugby area. MOST UNLIKELY NOW?
Coventry VLR tram project abandoned. NOT YET

Now six months into 2024 I have summarised progress on the predictions

Rachvince53

Quote from: hlliwmai on December 10, 2023, 08:52:13 PMYeah I think either Banga Buses; Let's Go; Select Bus or Chaserider
June 2024 and subject to an appeal, Lets Go are left with two routes 1 and 11 with Diamond taking back the tendered work lost to the company. 

monkeyjoe

Will nxwm the locations of the 2 new depots to replace bc or will they still even be needed? 

ellspurs

Quote from: monkeyjoe on June 17, 2024, 06:46:14 PMWill nxwm the locations of the 2 new depots to replace bc or will they still even be needed?
I would think that'd be on pause now pending the franchising stuff. No point investing in a new depot if it's gonna be taken off your hands a couple of years later.

Celestial Toymaker

with the closure of City Hospital (not The BTC) and the opening of the new hospital almost upon us, is the 11A/11C likely to be rerouted or for that matter, has any provision been made for buses to serve the NEW Hospital at all ?
i did have one thought and i just wondered if anything has been decided ?
3000 F300 XOF

like 3000 I do not exist anymore........ worth nothing as scrap either

Funnysnow18

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on June 24, 2024, 03:13:27 PMwith the closure of City Hospital (not The BTC) and the opening of the new hospital almost upon us, is the 11A/11C likely to be rerouted or for that matter, has any provision been made for buses to serve the NEW Hospital at all ?
i did have one thought and i just wondered if anything has been decided ?
Well apparently the 82 may go to AG re routed to 11 route between summerfield park and bearwood and 87 will go into hospital but this is just a rumour but anything could happen

Jack

Quote from: Funnysnow18 on June 24, 2024, 03:39:45 PMWell apparently the 82 may go to AG re routed to 11 route between summerfield park and bearwood and 87 will go into hospital but this is just a rumour but anything could happen
Why would AG run the 82? 

Stu

Quote from: Funnysnow18 on June 24, 2024, 03:39:45 PMWell apparently the 82 may go to AG re routed to 11 route between summerfield park and bearwood and 87 will go into hospital but this is just a rumour but anything could happen

Hope it makes a swift recovery! :laugh:

Seriously, the rumour I heard elsewhere was that the 82 would be withdrawn, and it would be replaced by changing the 11A/C to serve Cape Hill and (indirectly) the new Midland Met Hospital, while the 87 gets a bit of a frequency increase and a possible rerouting to directly serve the new hospital, omitting part of Cape Hill, as well as being extended from city centre to Maypole/Druids Heath to replace the 50.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: Stu on June 24, 2024, 07:01:51 PMHope it makes a swift recovery! :laugh:

Seriously, the rumour I heard elsewhere was that the 82 would be withdrawn, and it would be replaced by changing the 11A/C to serve Cape Hill and (indirectly) the new Midland Met Hospital, while the 87 gets a bit of a frequency increase and a possible rerouting to directly serve the new hospital, omitting part of Cape Hill, as well as being extended from city centre to Maypole/Druids Heath to replace the 50.
Are these people for real? Make the 11 into a mess, and leave the Dudley Road just to the 87?

And that stupid idea of Cross City Services is just braindead as well with the traffic on both the A435 and A457.

Quote from: Jack on June 24, 2024, 08:29:50 PMand leave the Dudley Road just to the 87?
If it happened i'd guess the 87 would be significantly upped  on the Birmingham to Smethwick maybe, so Dudley Road passengers won't lose out.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk