News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Fare rise and ticket changes July 2023

Started by Ginger66, June 18, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Propaganda??? what inane rubbish you speak. Just because I don't think certain companies are great (this opinion formed over many years influenced by many colleagues telling me the reality of life in 'said' companies!) it doesn't mean it's propaganda just because you've got a different viewpoint.

I'm pretty sure you started at NXWM, then Diamond, now Landflight (probably others). You have anti-NX beliefs because no doubt things didn't go to plan for you there. I don't spout nonsense about your 'propaganda', it's your genuine opinion which is fair enough, but this is mine so fair enough too.

The same point applies though to contracted services - they are contracted for a reason because they aren't commercially feasible. Not enough passengers so it stands to reason they will sell far fewer day passes anyway to make your argument more than a moot point. 

I was under the impression that operators had to pay any additional revenue obtained in service, over the total subsidy value, back to the authority so I am happy to be corrected on this if this is not the case. Obviously, if it was the case then it wouldn't make any difference to these companies what they received back for day passes, they'd be guaranteed the overall subsidy value anyhow.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Tony on June 30, 2023, 07:57:52 PMNbus boundary will be the same as it currently is, existing operators may allow tickets on their current network as current now, but I cannot see any operator extending the zone where their own ticket that it is replacing doesn't already go.

This is a question asked to Management today
So with the fare increase NX daysaver can be used as a nbus ticket on other operators. But do we accept Stagecoach/Diamond ticket or must it be a nbus ticket? Please clarify.
This is a answer:-
It must be an nBus ticket to be accepted. This will be the primary ticket sold by Stagecoach and Diamond and others within the West Midlands. But Stagecoach etc tickets sold for out of county aren't valid.

The Nbus has an area in which it is accepted.  This does not include Bromsgrove, and we would be against expanding the area.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: j789 on July 01, 2023, 08:31:53 PMPropaganda??? what inane rubbish you speak. Just because I don't think certain companies are great (this opinion formed over many years influenced by many colleagues telling me the reality of life in 'said' companies!) it doesn't mean it's propaganda just because you've got a different viewpoint.

I'm pretty sure you started at NXWM, then Diamond, now Landflight (probably others). You have anti-NX beliefs because no doubt things didn't go to plan for you there. I don't spout nonsense about your 'propaganda', it's your genuine opinion which is fair enough, but this is mine so fair enough too.

The same point applies though to contracted services - they are contracted for a reason because they aren't commercially feasible. Not enough passengers so it stands to reason they will sell far fewer day passes anyway to make your argument more than a moot point.

I was under the impression that operators had to pay any additional revenue obtained in service, over the total subsidy value, back to the authority so I am happy to be corrected on this if this is not the case. Obviously, if it was the case then it wouldn't make any difference to these companies what they received back for day passes, they'd be guaranteed the overall subsidy value anyhow.
TfWM normally contract so that the operator takes the risk on usage.  There has been odd contracts over the years, were TfWM have taken a revenue risk, but in all honesty the last one I can remember was around 2005.   

Coventrybususer95

Any idea of when the mTicket app will be updated to show the new tickets
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Jack D

Quote from: MW on June 28, 2023, 09:14:00 PMFunnily enough a chunk of tenders have gone out today, including Diamond's 002/45/96, a new 25 service between Small Heath & Castle Vale & Landflight's A7/A8/A10, amongst other smaller services around the Black Country & Coventry.

All to commence in October.

Will we see Stagecoach grab a larger share of the local tender market..?
Where can you see the tenders?

Stu

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 02, 2023, 06:06:05 PMAny idea of when the mTicket app will be updated to show the new tickets
Probably from tomorrow, when the prices change.

The tickets themselves aren't changing, only the prices.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Coventrybususer95

Just seen this 
  • NEW short hop single in Coventry! Hop on a bus and travel around a mile for just £1.50. Pay cash or Pay As You Go Swift card on the bus.
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

JPC

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on July 02, 2023, 07:08:31 PMJust seen this
  • NEW short hop single in Coventry! Hop on a bus and travel around a mile for just £1.50. Pay cash or Pay As You Go Swift card on the bus.

Yes, due to the simplification to county-wide fares Coventry had to inherit this "new" fare.
It would be helpful if NX could add a feature to a online map where you select a bus stop and it shows how far the £1.50 fare is valid to.

Tony

Quote from: JPC on July 02, 2023, 07:37:02 PMYes, due to the simplification to county-wide fares Coventry had to inherit this "new" fare.
It would be helpful if NX could add a feature to a online map where you select a bus stop and it shows how far the £1.50 fare is valid to.
That's impossible as it's different from every fare stage

Westy

Observation so far.

No notices referencing the fares on the X51, not even on the driver's door (but I think he had a piece of paper to refer, as one elderly passenger told me he knew fares were going up but didn't know when they were going up, but didn't seem aware of the £1.50 fare going up.).

The 529, again no notice on driver's door, but had the posters inside. 

One woman got on & asked for an £11 ticket & was told they'd gone up.

'Just give me the new one please ' was the reply.

Wolverhampton seem to be the only ones with the posters round here.

Jack6101

Many people unaware of fare increases this morning , lots of angry customers ,they didn't know the Sandwell and Dudley was no longer from today , 
Abit more notice on the buses espically at front on cab door wouldn't of gone a miss , as let's face it not many people read the notices behind the stair case do they
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Jack6101 on July 03, 2023, 08:01:57 AMMany people unaware of fare increases this morning , lots of angry customers ,they didn't know the Sandwell and Dudley was no longer from today ,
Abit more notice on the buses espically at front on cab door wouldn't of gone a miss , as let's face it not many people read the notices behind the stair case do they
Said this would happen only notices iv seen on Coventry buses has the 3rd screen on the new electric buses and only one bus with the new £8 group tickets

Ginger66

Are all drivers fully aware as a Diamond driver seemed to not know a NX pass is now a nBus ticket and the driver refused my NX pass saying it's not an nBus and wanted to charge me.

I believe I read on the diamond Website Diamond Value saver are now nBus meaning a passenger who uses the Diamond 16 can now use NX buses and vice versa.

Westy

Well, at least one Walsall single decker is now displaying the fare notices, compared with this morning!

Where are all the brightly coloured notices you normally have on the driver's door?

Stu

Quote from: Westy on July 03, 2023, 05:42:18 PMWell, at least one Walsall single decker is now displaying the fare notices, compared with this morning!

Where are all the brightly coloured notices you normally have on the driver's door?
Both YW vehicles I travelled on today had new notices on the cab door with the new prices.

Quote from: Jack6101 on July 03, 2023, 08:01:57 AMMany people unaware of fare increases this morning , lots of angry customers ,they didn't know the Sandwell and Dudley was no longer from today ,
It's been fairly well publicised in the local news media about the fare increases.

I certainly didn't notice any aggravation on my bus journey to work, most passengers either use a Swift card or tap their bank card or phone to pay. I was impressed that one old dear knew it was now £1.50 with their concessionary pass.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk