News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Repaints and refurbishments 2023

Started by BK63 YWP, February 02, 2023, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 07, 2024, 04:13:27 PMI noticed the Volvo, but thought it was unnecessary to post in the forum and to save arguments, so are all buses now going to be painted into dark single tone?
You weren't on the forum when it was done

Wba_lad

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2024, 04:19:47 PMYou weren't on the forum when it was done
Oh, well I was quite late noticing it then, sorry

Tony

WA4317

4990 now back at WN
2026 now in for refurb

Lukeee

4801 has been wrapped (not very well) in the single shade of grey livery, can only presume it was done hastily due to the previous ad on the bus expiring.

Tony

Quote from: Lukeee on March 19, 2024, 08:10:31 PM4801 has been wrapped (not very well) in the single shade of grey livery, can only presume it was done hastily due to the previous ad on the bus expiring.
What do you mean by Not very well?

I'm not having a go. Just I haven't seen it close up yet and it was wrapped by the same people who did the BC two

Gareth

There's no peeling or bubbles and the vinyl is applied like vinyl usually is. There's no fault of the people doing the vinyl. But look at the absolute state of it.

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on March 20, 2024, 05:05:51 PMThere's no peeling or bubbles and the vinyl is applied like vinyl usually is. There's no fault of the people doing the vinyl. But look at the absolute state of it.
That's the bus, not the wrap though.

You'll see in a couple of months why it has been done

Lukeee

Quote from: Tony on March 19, 2024, 08:17:18 PMWhat do you mean by Not very well?

I'm not having a go. Just I haven't seen it close up yet and it was wrapped by the same people who did the BC two
When you look at it side on you can see the panels below don't look the smoothest before the wrap was applied, you can see small lumps and imperfections, can only assume the body/paint work wasn't the smoothest after the previous wrap was taken off. 

jasmine

Quote from: Tony on March 20, 2024, 02:00:44 PMThat looks perfectly applied, I cannot see any peeling or bubbles

same on the rear, i cannot pretend that this looks good, cause it doesnt.

it has 0 branding, at all, the entire thing is just a single colour with a single red line

you can see imperfections running all down the sides of the bus in real life and even in the photo

i mean if it were up to me i wouldn't have even bothered putting this bus in service in this current state but i dont work at nx and i dont know the ins and outs of their operation. it just looks tacky af to me

cardew

I wonder if the decision to wrap rather than paint is because the 2009 E400s are leased rather than owned

I could of course be way off the mark.

Danthebusman

Quote from: jasmine on March 21, 2024, 12:33:18 AM

same on the rear, i cannot pretend that this looks good, cause it doesnt.

it has 0 branding, at all, the entire thing is just a single colour with a single red line

you can see imperfections running all down the sides of the bus in real life and even in the photo

i mean if it were up to me i wouldn't have even bothered putting this bus in service in this current state but i dont work at nx and i dont know the ins and outs of their operation. it just looks tacky af to me
To a passenger, a bus is a bus that's why NX let these buses run in service when they don't look the best, passengers don't really care about the appearance of the bus, more about whether or not the bus actually shows up.

From an enthusiasts POV though, I do agree it doesn't look the best.

JosephR

Why isn't the vinyl two tone. Wouldn't it of cost around the same?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk