News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hartshorne Volvo Bs & Coach, Pensnett

Started by Wumpty, February 28, 2023, 08:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

To compliment @Tony 's comprehensive coverage of NX vehicles at Hartshorne Volvo, Pensnett, here's some of the other operators' vehicles seen currently in their care from publicly accessible areas:

Sargeant Brothers              T600NTS (ex Lothian Buses SN56ATT)               
Alan Davies Travel              A2ADT
JRS, West Bromwich           HRZ1851
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Wumpty on February 28, 2023, 08:15:59 AMTo compliment @Tony 's comprehensive coverage of NX vehicles at Hartshorne Volvo, Pensnett, here's some of the other operators' vehicles seen currently in their care from publicly accessible areas:

Sargeant Brothers              T600NTS (ex Lothian Buses SN56ATT)               
Alan Davies Travel              A2ADT
JRS, West Bromwich           HRZ1851

Endeavour Coaches BX65 WDE has also been sat on the site for months too.

B61 ANDREW

In the days when I regularly travelled on the M5 motorway northbound towards the M6 , I could often see "West Midlands" buses in a dealers/repair facility [Scania ??]  on the right hand side just by the West Brom turn off.  Do WM buses still go there for whatever reason.

mranon

I would imagine that would be the Scania dealer, Keltrucks of West Bromwich. 

Westy

I guess the Bentley premises are still used as 'back up' if needed?

Our company's trucks are repaired in a small facility used by Hartshornes on the same estate we're based at, at Willenhall, but I guess any bigger problem would still be looked at Bentley.

Hartshorne Pensnett is on the same estate as NX Pensnett, isn't it, as we use JJX on the same estate for additional storage?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 11, 2023, 09:05:06 PMI guess the Bentley premises are still used as 'back up' if needed?

Our company's trucks are repaired in a small facility used by Hartshornes on the same estate we're based at, at Willenhall, but I guess any bigger problem would still be looked at Bentley.

Hartshorne Pensnett is on the same estate as NX Pensnett, isn't it, as we use JJX on the same estate for additional storage?
Bentley isn't back up. It's their main site 

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: mranon on March 11, 2023, 06:08:49 PMI would imagine that would be the Scania dealer, Keltrucks of West Bromwich.

Of course , the name slipped my mind.  Keltruck at Droitwich had Astons W5ENG on site this morning.  

Wumpty

Mighty Travels OW15WKE,  Plaxton Elite-i (Interdeck) bodied Volvo B11RT, named "Bussy Galore", currently on site.

winston

Quote from: Wumpty on September 07, 2023, 09:55:07 AMMighty Travels OW15WKE,  Plaxton Elite-i (Interdeck) bodied Volvo B11RT, named "Bussy Galore", currently on site.
Re: your post in the Oddities thread about Coach 215.  
All former WMT Ltd coaches carry Woods Coaches Ltd legals, as they transferred on to a new WM Woods Coaches license a good few months back. 

Wumpty

Quote from: winston on September 07, 2023, 10:58:31 AMRe: your post in the Oddities thread about Coach 215. 
All former WMT Ltd coaches carry Woods Coaches Ltd legals, as they transferred on to a new WM Woods Coaches license a good few months back.
I know you've posted this before @winston , though what I mean is that they have literally stuck the Woods lettering over the WMT lettering without removing the old one first - a proper hatchet job.

I'll see if I can nip up and take a photo so I can show you what I mean.

Tony

Quote from: Wumpty on September 07, 2023, 11:42:13 AMI know you've posted this before @winston , though what I mean is that they have literally stuck the Woods lettering over the WMT lettering without removing the old one first - a proper hatchet job.

I'll see if I can nip up and take a photo so I can show you what I mean.
It's just a case of not removing the glue properly. If you scrape the old transfers off but don't manage to get rid of the glue, the put the new transfer on dirt will then stick to where the old lettering was making it look visible again 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk