News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare Cap

Started by Rachvince53, December 19, 2022, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

What impact do you think the fare cap will have? I notice that Travel Express (Let's Go) haven't signed up. Do you think this will take passengers off those operators who haven't signed up.  

the trainbasher

Looking at the list on gov.uk, i cant see Diamond on it either

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Rachvince53

You're correct yet smaller operations like Select Bus and Banga Bus are.

Coventrybususer95

Is the £2 fare cap apply to all bus routes tgat a company run or will it be certain routes
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 19, 2022, 11:03:39 AMLooking at the list on gov.uk, i cant see Diamond on it either

None of the Rotala Diamond branded operations are in the country, but Preston bus is!

Rachvince53

The fare cap applies to all public bus routes I understand,  ie dedicated school services and special services (eg work services) are excluded.  Long distance coach services are excluded too.

Note First Wyvern (First Midland Red) are also missing too.

Justin Tyme

Route One magazine reports today that the list of participating operators published by DfT is understood not to be complete, so more are likely to be added: -

https://www.route-one.net/news/over-130-operators-go-with-2-england-bus-fare-cap/

I believe that the £2 cap applies to all bus routes, at any time, that participating operators run - as long as they are routes that accept ENCTS passes.

If I'm wrong please correct me!

Ginger66

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 19, 2022, 02:47:56 PMThe fare cap applies to all public bus routes I understand,  ie dedicated school services and special services (eg work services) are excluded.  Long distance coach services are excluded too.

Note First Wyvern (First Midland Red) are also missing too.

Just checked and First Wyvern are there, it might be as more sign up the list is updated.  If we TfWM and the Jan Changes these where updated as news came in on confirmed changes 

Coventrybususer95

It seems children fares on national express buses  are also fozon at a pound 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Lukeee

If Diamond don't sign up, how would this affect the partnership routes such as the 40

Damo

The list is certainly incomplete - Falcon Buses in Surrey have confirmed that they are taking part in the scheme despite their absence from the list!

In regards to exclusions, it appears operators can nominate some service exclusions as the Stagecoach South news article says the N1 and N700 night buses in Guildford and Brighton respectively are excluded, as also are the PT1-5 school buses in Guildford.

Rachvince53

I would guess that the  N bus routes you mention are night buses so ENCTS passes are not valid and hence excluded from the cap.  

I would be surprised if Diamond are not taking part. 

Damo

Quote from: Rachvince53 on December 19, 2022, 07:14:22 PMI would be surprised if Diamond are not taking part.
Apologies if already posted elsewhere on this forum, but Diamond have today put a statement on their website confirming that they won't be participating and their reasons why: https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/2-fare-cap-statement/

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Damo on December 22, 2022, 08:57:40 PMApologies if already posted elsewhere on this forum, but Diamond have today put a statement on their website confirming that they won't be participating and their reasons why: https://www.diamondbuses.com/news/2-fare-cap-statement/

Interesting wonder if andy Street will say anything

Rachvince53

Perhaps but as mentioned in another post,  participation is optional. It should also be noted that some Diamond multi journey tickets, eg West Midlands Daysaver, are similar prices to those of NXWM ie £4. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk