News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straightlines

Quote from: Isle of Stroma on March 16, 2023, 06:53:06 PMyet using public transport gets worse by the day
You've got TfWM to thank for that one!

Ginger66

Most passengers will have to walk if the strike goes ahead as some Diamond routes finish early leaving passengers isolated who are trying to get to and from work.

30 starts 7:55 from West Brom with last bus departing 16:55
41 starts 6:55 from West Brom with last bus departing 17:55

Then if passengers do get a bus at a bus station those Diamonds that are running will possible run past stops leaving passengers at bus stops due to their buses been packed to the rafters.

Westy

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 16, 2023, 07:07:11 PMMost passengers will have to walk if the strike goes ahead as some Diamond routes finish early leaving passengers isolated who are try to get to and from work.

Then if passengers do get a bus at a bus station those Diamonds that are running will possible run past stops leaving passengers at bus stops due to their buses been packed to the rafters.
To be fair, quite a few 'independent ' routes don't run all day, certainly not useful for commuting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only route running after 8pm in Walsall, will be Diamond's 31 & 32, albeit at irregular times?

Ginger66

Quote from: Westy on March 16, 2023, 07:21:18 PMTo be fair, quite a few 'independent ' routes don't run all day, certainly not useful for commuting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only route running after 8pm in Walsall, will be Diamond's 31 & 32, albeit at irregular times?
Note sure about Walsall but I think 45 should be running till late.

West Bromwich will be  16/42/40.  With one bus on the 40 meaning a hourly service 

Isle of Stroma

QuoteAre they taking action in the best interests of everyone?. As Simon has stated at Rotala not one route is currently in profit without financial support. It is similar at NX with very few routes that could stand up on their own. Drive more passengers away and more routes will go out to tender to the lowest bidder. Lowest bidder normally means the one with the lowest operating costs, so drivers turning down the current £16+ offer could easily find themselves on a much lower rate.

Fresh in my thoughts are the routes I use most (mainly for work), & have mental scars from: the 97, x1 & Outer Circle (ironically, the A9 is currently the most reliable, despite being the least financially tenable?). But that's as a passenger. Service provision & staff conditions are abysmal at present, regardless of company or individual route profitability.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 16, 2023, 07:32:40 PMNote sure about Walsall but I think 45 should be running till late.

West Bromwich will be  16/42/40.  With one bus on the 40 meaning a hourly service

You are correct,  the 45 finishes around 1130pm.

Gareth

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 16, 2023, 07:07:11 PMMost passengers will have to walk if the strike goes ahead as some Diamond routes finish early leaving passengers isolated who are trying to get to and from work.

Well yes, strikes disrupt. Otherwise there's no point in a strike.

Tony

One group have now agreed a deal

"I'm pleased to tell you that our engineers have voted to accept the pay offer.

The engineering deal is a 14.3% increase in 2023 (and for engineers only, 3.5% in year two). 

This is fantastic news. Thank you to everyone who has been involved in this process - I know it's been challenging at times but it's great to see that we've now resolved this issue."

Steveminor

I thought voting was Friday & Saturday with results announced Saturday afternoon?

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on March 17, 2023, 08:12:21 PMI thought voting was Friday & Saturday with results announced Saturday afternoon?
That's the drivers

Ginger66

Quote from: Tony on March 17, 2023, 08:14:54 PMThat's the drivers
Hopefully it's a good outcome for the driver's vote.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 17, 2023, 08:20:20 PMHopefully it's a good outcome for the driver's vote.
Hopefully strike

Tony

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on March 17, 2023, 08:51:45 PMHopefully strike
Why? so you can ask why the other 100 buses in West Bromwich garage aren't on the road and when they will be out?

I can understand anybody backing better pay and conditions, but why would a non-employee hope for a strike?

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

cris 99

Thats just typical of Mr Williams not using his brain as always. Dont think of the thousands of people that wont be able to get to work or hospital as long as you can ride buses day and night to Dudley and back as you seem to post on FB 7 days a week. Do us all a favour and wake up into the real world. 
17//72/73/97/X12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk