News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Stu on August 12, 2024, 07:44:00 AMLooks like the 169 is changing again from Monday 2nd September. :huh:

No longer serving Westridge Road in Billesley, will go via Yardley Wood Road and Trittiford Road same as the 3.

Looking closer at the new route on BusTimes, I'm a bit puzzled by the stopping arrangements on Yardley Wood Road and Trittiford Road.

The Oakcroft Road stop is not listed for journeys towards Kings Heath. For the journeys towards Shirley and Solihull, it will use both the Billesley Common and Mayford Grove stops, which makes no sense as they are round the corner from each other.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: Stu on August 12, 2024, 07:31:51 PMI do occasionally use the 169, mainly on a Saturday, it is handy for me as its actually the closest stop to my house, so is handy for trips to Kings Heath, Shirley and Solihull.

Westridge Road isn't too bad to get along for buses, and as well as myself I do see other people boarding and alighting along there. With regards to parking issues, there can be more of a squeeze on the section through Hall Green, between Highfield Road and Haslucks Green Road.

To be honest, its the kind of route that would probably be better suited having Mercedes minibuses, like Kevs and Diamond have, as they'd be a bit more manoeuvrable round those parts than the midlength E200s currently used.
I contacted TfWM mainly to query the new stopping arrangement on Yardley Wood Road and Trittiford Road, and got the following reply today:

"I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with these changes but unfortunately the change in stops is a consequence of the service no longer serving Westridge road.
We are re-routing away from Westridge road due to buses getting stuck due to badly parked cars on Westridge and also Colebourne road."

Didn't really answer my question, but does explain the route change.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack D

A9 does two school journeys now up to and from big johns in chelmsley wood twice a day 

Jack D

Quote from: Jack D on September 06, 2024, 06:50:00 PMA9 does two school journeys now up to and from big johns in chelmsley wood twice a day
A9 now runs every half an hour all day now instead of only every hour after 2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk