News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Services axed/changed from 1st January 2023

Started by 2206, October 11, 2022, 07:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Stu on November 11, 2022, 08:49:32 PMThanks for that, it is interesting that the bus registration details state that the route is not supported by subsidies though.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/594738/

Of course, the registration details could be wrong. (Wouldn't be the first time!)

I still think it is likely this part of the route will just be absorbed into another service.
TfWM Tenders for 1/1/23 have been  issued in 3 batches, I don't recall seeing a tender for the X10 Merry - Hill to Gornal Wood extension

Stu

Quote from: winston on November 12, 2022, 01:17:16 PMTfWM Tenders for 1/1/23 have been  issued in 3 batches, I don't recall seeing a tender for the X10 Merry - Hill to Gornal Wood extension
I have since been informed that the X10 tender is not up for renewal or review, so the E&S article is factually incorrect.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

@Stu does this mean the X10 Gornal extension is still staying? I use the 0429 to get to work 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: BK63 YWP on November 12, 2022, 04:05:42 PM@Stu does this mean the X10 Gornal extension is still staying? I use the 0429 to get to work
As I already said, I was informed that the X10 tender is NOT up for renewal from 1st January, and is not being reviewed by NXWM or TfWM, so while I wouldn't want to state this as certainty, it is my understanding that this route is not one of those "at risk" and so should stay the same as it is.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

You are correct in stating that under normal circumstances a company can't simply tell a local authority they will no longer run the tendered service. Instead they will not bid for it when it comes up for renewal. Unless the company is closing down or has lost their licence, they are contracted to run that service for the length of the contract.  They could of course ask another company to take over that contract but this would also need the local authority to be notified.

BNH2004

Quote from: 2206 on November 11, 2022, 04:54:55 PMRegistrations for NX services  WB 22 54 (Perry Barr), 10/10S, PN 10A/10C/24/28/5/5A, BC 25 have been cancelled. Likely due to end of contract.
Also WNs 27, 27A, 50, 81 have all been Cancelled

Ginger66

I have only caught the 54 from Perry Barr to Hamstead a few times when I used to work at the university campus to connect with the 46. I vaguely recall half a dozen people would catch the bus around 5pm. 

It will be a shame for the 54 to go, but redevelopment of Perry Barr could be a key factor due to low passengers as the route connects with the 101 on Friary Road.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Rachvince53 on November 13, 2022, 09:08:58 AMYou are correct in stating that a company can't simply tell a local authority they will no longer run the tendered service. Instead they will not bid for it when it comes up for renewal. Unless the company is closing down or has lost their licence, they are contracted to run that service for the length of the contract.  They could of course ask another company to take over that contract but this would also need the local authority to be notified.

Are we sure this is the case?  I believe there have been many instances around the country of operators have giving up tenders for various reasons, even though doing so should really be an absolute last resort.

For all I know there could be clauses written into contracts regarding operators giving up tenders, covering minimum notice, financial penalties, barring from bidding for future tenders and maybe other matters.

Can anyone say for certain?

winston

Quote from: Ginger66 on November 13, 2022, 05:51:53 PMI have only caught the 54 from Perry Barr to Hamstead a few times when I used to work at the university campus to connect with the 46. I vaguely recall half a dozen people would catch the bus around 5pm. 

It will be a shame for the 54 to go, but redevelopment of Perry Barr could be a key factor due to low passengers as the route connects with the 101 on Friary Road.

The 54 isn't going. It's currently out to tender, a new tender will be awarded from 1/1/23. 

Quote from: winston on November 13, 2022, 06:47:41 PMThe 54 isn't going. It's currently out to tender, a new tender will be awarded from 1/1/23.
Are both the Monday - Sat & Sundays for the 54 out to tender? I only ask as I believe previously they were 2 separate tenders, hence why Diamond ran Mon - Sat and NX Sundays?

Is the 93 likely to stay or go, as far as I know it doesn't appear to be greatly used? Then again when I caught it from Treaford Lane to Stechford last week, it diverted to go down Mary Road etc, which don't even have proper bus stops in place. Which doesn't do much to advertise the services existence.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Solo1

Could some of them be merged into other services I know 28 is Going with to run in part with 142 as a new tender & a few other ones 

Ginger66

Does anyone know how WB 44 service fair.  As this could be merged into 79 if possible as the 44 follows the 79 route to hill top.

Rachvince53

The 93 is cancelled by Diamond from 1st Jan 2023. 

Quote from: Rachvince53 on November 14, 2022, 07:48:37 AMThe 93 is cancelled by Diamond from 1st Jan 2023.
Just noticed the Sutton 78, Ward End 25, Perry Barr 54/68/424 & Sunday 71 are also cancelled by Diamond as well.
I guess some sort of replacement might be registered soon, for at least some of those cancelled.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on November 14, 2022, 11:05:22 AMJust noticed the Sutton 78, Ward End 25, Perry Barr 54/68/424 & Sunday 71 are also cancelled by Diamond as well.
I guess some sort of replacement might be registered soon, for at least some of those cancelled.
The majority of all the cancellations posted in this thread, are due to end of current TfWM contracts.

Once new contracts are awarded, operators will register / re-register them & they'll be a clearer picture of which services remain. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk