News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Banga buses

Started by Liberator9, April 08, 2012, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKD

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on July 16, 2024, 06:31:16 PMBanga have lost an E200 after it caught fire on the Birmingham New Road in Coseley/Roseville this afternoon.
Oh my gosh !! Which 1 was it? Can't tell from BusTimes 

BNH2004

Quote from: CKD on July 16, 2024, 07:26:32 PMOh my gosh !! Which 1 was it? Can't tell from BusTimes
Apparently it was MX12 CFJ

Wba_lad

Banga have brought a bus from Birmingham bus works by the looks of things.

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jay71

Is the 891 a tendered service? Or a commercial service?

ellspurs

Quote from: Jay71 on August 19, 2024, 04:55:49 PMIs the 891 a tendered service? Or a commercial service?
https://bustimes.org/registrations/PD1078264/10

The registration says "not supported by subsidy".

Rachvince53

Quote from: Jay71 on August 19, 2024, 04:55:49 PMIs the 891 a tendered service? Or a commercial service?
Commercial. 

Jay71

Quote from: Rachvince53 on August 19, 2024, 08:45:56 PMCommercial.
Thanks!  Now I know why BB take the pee on this route

igogeneral

They are still required to operate as per their registration, subsidised or not, there is no exemption

Jay71

Quote from: igogeneral on August 21, 2024, 05:39:15 PMThey are still required to operate as per their registration, subsidised or not, there is no exemption
Nobody seems to be monitoring the shambolic 891 service 

Stu

Quote from: Jay71 on August 21, 2024, 06:59:31 PMNobody seems to be monitoring the shambolic 891 service
What's shambolic about it?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jay71

Quote from: Stu on August 21, 2024, 07:18:09 PMWhat's shambolic about it?
The timekeeping  ie the Shrewsbury Arms going in Wolves direction.  Drivers find it acceptable to leave five or six mins early.  Also the timetable states that the service should terminate in Wolves bus station. Instead they terminate by the cop station.  Then they go & park up in the layover at the side of the bus station
Don't mention about complaining to Raj. Why? Because his brother is a driver. One of the drivers who is saying screw the timetables

Lukeee

Quote from: Jay71 on August 21, 2024, 08:42:41 PMThe timekeeping  ie the Shrewsbury Arms going in Wolves direction.  Drivers find it acceptable to leave five or six mins early.  Also the timetable states that the service should terminate in Wolves bus station. Instead they terminate by the cop station.  Then they go & park up in the layover at the side of the bus station
Don't mention about complaining to Raj. Why? Because his brother is a driver. One of the drivers who is saying screw the timetables
Is that stop a timing point? If not then as long as there leaving all timing points on time then there's not much you can do, bear in mind the roads are quieter at this time of year

Jay71

Quote from: Lukeee on August 21, 2024, 10:48:42 PMIs that stop a timing point? If not then as long as there leaving all timing points on time then there's not much you can do, bear in mind the roads are quieter at this time of year
I'm not sure if it is a timing point. But either way a bus should not be going five or six mins early.  

Jack

Quote from: Jay71 on August 21, 2024, 11:32:23 PMI'm not sure if it is a timing point. But either way a bus should not be going five or six mins early. 
Well then maybe you should be at the stop the time that bus leaves it previous timing point to ensure you are there and will be able to get on board and not miss it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk