News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Banga buses

Started by Liberator9, April 08, 2012, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on March 03, 2019, 03:52:40 PM
I read somewhere that buses that are 20 years or older can only be used for 20 days per year.  This is to allow for preservation groups e.t.c to use their vehicle for rallies and other events.

But there are still ways of getting around this I believe. Registering a bus as a coach does this, and allows Clearway in Bromsgrove to use their now approaching 21 year old minibus in regular service. Also, Cumbria Classic Coaches use their 27 year old Leyland Olympian on heritage routes

metrocity

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on March 03, 2019, 04:21:34 PM
But there are still ways of getting around this I believe. Registering a bus as a coach does this, and allows Clearway in Bromsgrove to use their now approaching 21 year old minibus in regular service. Also, Cumbria Classic Coaches use their 27 year old Leyland Olympian on heritage routes
The DDA deadline for coaches is less than a year away I believe, so that loophole will soon close

Steveminor

Also you are not permitted to use coaches on stage carriage work in TfWM area.

mikestone

Surely TfWM cannot legally alter the law of the land?

D10

Quote from: mikestone on March 05, 2019, 10:33:48 AM
Surely TfWM cannot legally alter the law of the land?

They aren't. If they as a tendering authority wish to impose their own standards above what the law prescribes they are perfectly entitled too.

They would be breaking the law if for example they allowed non -DDA buses to operate stage carriage services as they are no longer allowed to be used.

Tony

Quote from: D10 on March 05, 2019, 08:54:52 PM
They aren't. If they as a tendering authority wish to impose their own standards above what the law prescribes they are perfectly entitled too.

They would be breaking the law if for example they allowed non -DDA buses to operate stage carriage services as they are no longer allowed to be used.

And AQPS rules are enforcable by DVSA/the TC, not TfWM, although TfWM set them meaning anyone ignoring them can face punishment

Pat

Primo YX60DXF making an unusual appearance on the 545 today.

Trident 4609

Banga have aquired a number of (4 at least apparently) E200's. One of them being YX60 FUE which has recieved fleet livery.

Pat

Quote from: Nathan on April 11, 2019, 03:09:02 PM
Banga have aquired a number of (4 at least apparently) E200's. One of them being YX60 FUE which has recieved fleet livery.
I'm guessing these are for the 52/53 tenders?

winston

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on April 11, 2019, 04:19:16 PM
I'm guessing these are for the 52/53 tenders?

Most of the latest TfWM tenders need to be Euro 6, if they are for those I assume they'll have time to upgrade them though.

It looks as though some of the replacement Igo tenders have a bit more flexibility due to short notice replacements needing to being found.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on April 11, 2019, 04:28:02 PM
Most of the latest TfWM tenders need to be Euro 6, if they are for those I assume they'll have time to upgrade them though.

It looks as though some of the replacement Igo tenders have a bit more flexibility due to short notice replacements needing to being found.

Think NX were given 6 months to upgrade the buses for the PN28.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Pat

YX60 FUF is the latest enviro 200 painted into fleet livery.

Pat

MX10 KNO is the latest enviro 200 added to the fleet and is painted in Banga livery.

Ashley 60171

Just seen an E200 on the 891

cris 99

does anyone know how many E200s there are now
17//72/73/97/X12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk