News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Customer Service

Started by Ginger66, March 18, 2022, 09:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

Quote from: Abluhwleh on March 21, 2022, 05:58:54 PM
Absolutely none of which is the poor driver's fault from whom you demanded your apology. Sense of entitlement from some people is staggering.

Absolutely spot on! Some of the comments above from the usual moaners on here who have absolutely no clue what it's like to actually drive a bus. They think sitting at the front with their little note pad and pen gives them a right to complain about things outside of the driver's control. Never heard so much rubbish in my life.

No doubt these people have public meltdowns in supermarkets when the customer in front has an issue at the till. And Metrocity, a 20 year career in the industry with ZERO passenger (or fellow employee) complaints sums up the customer service training I got was bloody good. It's just I have no time for idiotic passengers (and spotters) with no clue of the reality of everyday driving. Jokers!

metrocity

Quote from: j789 on March 21, 2022, 07:52:28 PM
Absolutely spot on! Some of the comments above from the usual moaners on here who have absolutely no clue what it's like to actually drive a bus. They think sitting at the front with their little note pad and pen gives them a right to complain about things outside of the driver's control. Never heard so much rubbish in my life.

No doubt these people have public meltdowns in supermarkets when the customer in front has an issue at the till. And Metrocity, a 20 year career in the industry with ZERO passenger (or fellow employee) complaints sums up the customer service training I got was bloody good. It's just I have no time for idiotic passengers (and spotters) with no clue of the reality of everyday driving. Jokers!
Hmmm...  :D

danny

@Ginger66 it's perfectly acceptable if it is not the drivers fault... people like you who believe they are entitled to this and entitled too that really rile me up!!! What do you expect him or her to do if there is a genuine delay... why should he have to listen too you giving off if there is nothing there are reasons out of there control causing a delay... things happen... get over it... if my journey was being delayed further by you whining because you have had to wait as long as everybody else it would be you I was annoyed at not the driver... as I said... sit down... pipe down and be greatful it turned up At all... I'm intelligent enough to know that if there is an hour delay on an every 15 minute service... there is probably a reasonable explanation... poor driver I feel sorry for... having to probably work over there time and having to listen to foolishness off people without common sense...
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

markcf83

Quote from: mikestone on March 21, 2022, 02:28:36 PM
Customer service has sweet F.A. to do with training - if you don't select people who do it naturally no amount of classrom instruction is going to instill it, more likely the opposite

Agreed.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

don

Blimey - I see we have customer service principles based on the 1950s/60s when many drivers sat isolated in cabs and didn't 'interface' directly with the customer.

If I'd been waiting at a bus stop for an hour on a 15 minute frequency service, I would have at least expected to have some explanation of what's going on and more importantly should I be making alternative arrangements. Many years ago rail operators used to operate in this way - giving no information and seemingly passengers were a hindrance to their operation.

The bus driver is largely the only direct contact the company has with the customer in using their product - at the very least you would expect the driver to be informed about delays like the one described so that the customer can be informed where required. I'm a little surprised that in 2022 people are of the view that the customer has no right to such information and should be grateful for what they're given!! If that's a cross section of operator's 'front of house' operation, then they could clearly do a lot better - it's sounds dreadful to me.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk