News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarh_9394

Service 10 is not the only commercial service we operate.

2156 is also here now.

winston

Quote from: Discodave on January 22, 2013, 11:21:07 AM
Quote from: jarh_9394 on January 21, 2013, 07:47:42 PM
We are also due 2133, 2218, 2284 and 2288.
Yes I have seen the new buses in the Yard but still only small ones apart from the decker are they going to have some larger ones.  Its a good start but are Arriva going to show they mean business and not just another garage running tendered (apart from the 10).  They have a good base to start expanding if they are interested.

I'd be surprised if Arriva launch any significant new commercial services against NXWM, I'm still expecting them to try & acquire Rotala Plc in full / or just the Diamond business and expand that way, I think that would result in less of a reaction from NXWM, a bus war would be nice, but those days appear to be long gone....

Bob

Will be interesting to see which of the Midland fleet survive, anyone know which buses are for the chop? Id imagine the Solo's & ex A2Z Darts would be on the way out

jarh_9394

Not necessarily the Solos or ex-A2Z stock (although the Marshalls are diminishing), as with most moves of this nature, everything is associated with cost - so if something goes bang and requires a significant amount for repair, needless to say, it won't be repaired!

Of course, anything in old age and with MOT expiry looming is also likely to face the chop.

2561 is heading to Shrewsbury after refurb.

the trainbasher

Am I mad to hope for something Arriva livery appearing tomorrow morning in Stourbridge?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

jarh_9394

You might get lucky, I want the newer stuff put to use where it's needed (i.e further away). There is only 2151 in use at the moment though.

covlad27

Are there any plans to remove the midland name off the buses and replace with Arriva in the mean time?

Bob

Are you expecting any vehicles from Cannock at all?

jarh_9394

The outgoing names will be covered at some point, yes.

No vehicles from Cannock initially, just those mentioned further up in this post from Burton and reserve.

Bob

do you know if the 23/62/810 will move to Cannock?

jarh_9394

Bob

That would make sense though surely? Maybe there'll be some service revisions too

Ck

Does anybody know when the services will move garages and will there be changes

Discodave

Quote from: jarh_9394 on January 22, 2013, 11:47:21 AM

2156 is also here now.

What else is there then?

jarh_9394

Quote from: Discodave on January 23, 2013, 04:57:16 PM
Quote from: jarh_9394 on January 22, 2013, 11:47:21 AM

2156 is also here now.

What else is there then?

Another 11 services plus 2 part-commercial services.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk