News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Also if its MPD Darts theyre transferring in, that wouldnt suggest they were planning to be running any busy services

jarh_9394

Quote from: bob on January 01, 2013, 06:05:28 PM
Also if its MPD Darts theyre transferring in, that wouldnt suggest they were planning to be running any busy services

But the current fleet is not made up of 12 buses is it?

Think before you comment.

PM

Quote from: jarh_9394 on January 01, 2013, 07:51:05 PM
Quote from: bob on January 01, 2013, 06:05:28 PM

But the current fleet is not made up of 12 buses is it?

Think before you comment.

Put it this way there not transferring in bendybuses or double deckers so we can assume as Bob says that there are no plans to operate any busier services planning to operate buses any larger than what midland already has which from my observations of midland, transits would probably do most of the time. Honestly, the people at Deutsche Bahn must look and think why the hell would arriva want to buy this company??!! Id say that in terms of vehicles, the current fleet is on a par with VIP at best and even VIP has far newer MPDs than Midland. Yes, midland may be well run but they dont really score in terms of vehicle quality and Im sure many enthusiasts find it frankly insulting that these naf old solos display the same fleetname as that worn by Midland red several years ago.

jarh_9394

The introduction of the first "Arriva" buses is to commence gradual replacement of the fleet.

A number of refurbished MPDs are available which suitably replace similar but admittedly older vehicles.

There are no conspiracies about intentions to reduce the number of larger vehicles.

Discodave

Quote from: jarh_9394 on January 01, 2013, 08:02:13 PM
The introduction of the first "Arriva" buses is to commence gradual replacement of the fleet.

A number of refurbished MPDs are available which suitably replace similar but admittedly older vehicles.

There are no conspiracies about intentions to reduce the number of larger vehicles.

I asked about in another post about the cashboxes going on the newer Arriva branded MPD buses this is not an Arriva thing like elsewhere (give change) will this spread to hill top whom give change if the company is being absorbed why are cash boxes being put on.  Unless the plan is all buses which are operated fully in the West Mids will be exact fare.

Bob

Is the decision expected tomorrow still? I wonder what service changes etc can be expected?? I heard the 33 & 68 Cannock services will be transferring to Wednesfield

Discodave

Quote from: s-m-991 on November 07, 2012, 08:31:16 PM
Why should the takeover bother anyone? I like the extra Arriva presence in Walsall.

The oft seem to have the problem can't see why it could be classed as a monopoly NXWM are the biggrest operator not Arriva in the West Midlands

winston

Quote from: Discodave on January 13, 2013, 11:20:19 AM
Quote from: s-m-991 on November 07, 2012, 08:31:16 PM
Why should the takeover bother anyone? I like the extra Arriva presence in Walsall.

The oft seem to have the problem can't see why it could be classed as a monopoly NXWM are the biggrest operator not Arriva in the West Midlands

I guess it all depends on who & why they asked the Oft to investigate

Discodave

Quote from: bob on January 13, 2013, 11:12:50 AM
Is the decision expected tomorrow still? I wonder what service changes etc can be expected?? I heard the 33 & 68 Cannock services will be transferring to Wednesfield

Nothing I reckon will be immediate they will need to look at timetables as if some are changing it would make sense to start/finish services closest to depot the 33 does not most finish in cannock or hednesford odd one in brownhills at night.  The 560 would be a good one and a timetable change like I suggested so it does not run on fresh air behind the 89 and put the 70 on its own or make the 76 half hourly so it could still be interworked.

Bob

Discodave

Thing is though Bob remember they do the 62 and 23 so it may be solos coming to cannock just as bad as the MPD (b series engined buses)

Bob

caught the 2 to walsall & back last night, 53 plate MPD There, 52 plate back. Both had filthy threadbare seats & the one on the way back rattled and shook (sk52 mle) and made a strange whining vibrating noise as it accelerated, the driver said it was one of the better ones cos theyd complained & complained until it got a new gearbox. Jesus

Bob

Oh and the 53 plate on the way there had no heating

covlad27

Quote from: bob on January 13, 2013, 11:12:50 AM

The decision date was moved from the 14th to the 21st by the oft so we wont be hearing any news I expect

Bob

If it goes ahead i wonder how much of the Midland fleet will survive & be repainted into Arriva livery? Not many id imagine, given that most of Midlands fleet are old clapped out shedsk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk