News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Steepest bus route

Started by Sandy Lane, October 08, 2021, 12:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Wumpty on October 11, 2021, 08:15:04 AMI'm sure the old 120 run up/down this? I remember the old Dudley garage Leyland Fleetlines used to fly up it (doing 3 foot to the gallon probably!) in comparison to the Birmingham Coach Company's Nationals that would be screaming for mercy - in fairness the, their Ikarus DAFs would usually flag towards the top.
oh yea i knew i remembered something like that, when i used to go out with my Dad in the 80's & early 90's on photting trips on Saturdays, i remember also (slightly off topic) when i worked with Sandwell Bins mid 90's they reversed up the hill, no idea why, the wagons used to really struggle to get up there, but maybe it was because they were in reverse, anyway i used to think perched on the top deck of a fleetline, this must be a fleetline only route, cant see Metros getting up here
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk