News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

27 Maypole Cofton Hackett

Started by igogeneral, July 30, 2021, 04:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igogeneral

The 27 has been extended from Longbridge station to Cofton. Does anyone know the route it will take ?

j789

I'd imagine it would continue up Longbridge Lane then down Groveley Road to Cofton Hackett like the old 47 route. Not much of an extension really.

Stu

Quote from: igogeneral on July 30, 2021, 04:21:59 PM
The 27 has been extended from Longbridge station to Cofton. Does anyone know the route it will take ?

No idea yet, we have to wait for the official announcement to confirm this.

Quote from: j789 on July 30, 2021, 04:37:25 PM
I'd imagine it would continue up Longbridge Lane then down Groveley Road to Cofton Hackett like the old 47 route. Not much of an extension really.

That sounds likely. As the 45 is supposedly changing too, I think it might be possible that the 27 continues via Coombes Lane and Edenhurst Road to Groveley Lane (covering that part of the 45, which might just run straight down Longbridge Lane instead) before continuing to the Parsonage Drive terminus.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

j789

Another alternative might be that coming from Rubery the 27 turns right at Longbridge island, up to Rednal and then round Cofton Hackett and then up Groveley Road and Longbridge Lane in the reverse direction to Longbridge. This would mean a longer journey time to Longbridge though however it may also solve having to have a X20/63 type route going to Rednal as they could change at Longbridge for a city bound bus.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: j789 on July 30, 2021, 07:22:09 PM
Another alternative might be that coming from Rubery the 27 turns right at Longbridge island, up to Rednal and then round Cofton Hackett and then up Groveley Road and Longbridge Lane in the reverse direction to Longbridge. This would mean a longer journey time to Longbridge though however it may also solve having to have a X20/63 type route going to Rednal as they could change at Longbridge for a city bound bus.

That would make sense so like an almost circular type service covering the rednal / coften Hackett area.

igogeneral

An NX 27 route driver seems to think it is going Thurlestone and Enenhurst Roads but that seems totally illogical to me plus very narrow roads for large buses. Time will tell I suppose but thanks for all the quotes.

SO6597

Quote from: igogeneral on July 31, 2021, 03:57:13 PM
An NX 27 route driver seems to think it is going Thurlestone and Enenhurst Roads but that seems totally illogical to me plus very narrow roads for large buses. Time will tell I suppose but thanks for all the quotes.

That would make sense as these roads are currently covered by the 45 which is listed for a route change. They also accommodated the 47 and 49 for years so should cope with the 27's single deckers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk