News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SK68MEV

Quote from: bbs on September 08, 2021, 08:50:46 PM
wow these changes are nearly a week or 2 old and no flag changes
washwood heath road have had flags updated too 95 they were done on park field drive for X13 but the 96 is still on the flags
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

ellspurs

Quote from: bbs on September 08, 2021, 08:50:46 PM
wow these changes are nearly a week or 2 old and no flag changes

They've changed the flags on Formans Road even though it is still shut.

MasterPlan

On the subject of flags, I've noticed some have been changed but the ones that have been changed are quite random, some are changed here or there along the routes.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Westy

Notice Walsall's Wmb buses have retained their 31/32 branding but had the frequency changed to 'Every 5 minutes' !

I suppose that suggests the Wmb buses won't be repainted anytime soon.

What about the West Bromwich vehicles?

Quote from: Westy on September 10, 2021, 10:56:16 PM
Notice Walsall's Wmb buses have retained their 31/32 branding but had the frequency changed to 'Every 5 minutes' !

I suppose that suggests the Wmb buses won't be repainted anytime soon.

What about the West Bromwich vehicles?

I believe there are ongoing discussions to try and keep the partnership going as NX drivers at Walsall have been told we are still accepting and selling diamond tickets.

Westy

Quote from: 4679 on September 10, 2021, 11:26:59 PM
I believe there are ongoing discussions to try and keep the partnership going as NX drivers at Walsall have been told we are still accepting and selling diamond tickets.

Would I be correct in thinking that the joint tickets & passes situation is the priority to keep, as I can't see Diamond going back to the previous joint timetable?

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 09, 2021, 05:43:25 PM
On the subject of flags, I've noticed some have been changed but the ones that have been changed are quite random, some are changed here or there along the routes.
I noticed some of the flags on Weoley Avenue had been changed others haven't on the same road. On that note the X21 was following an empty Gemini along there, the X21 stopped at all the stops and picked people up, the 48 infront drove past them all, so X21 was clearly more popular along there.
On Woodcock Lane there was a notice on a wall saying "temporary bus stop" & the "temporary" stop at Five Ways Station is still there as well, how come they haven't put in a proper stop as its been there since 2018?
I also noticed there were still stops showing X20, etc on the flags as well, flags at Newman University and Hillwood Road haven't been changed
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on September 11, 2021, 03:28:43 PM
I noticed some of the flags on Weoley Avenue had been changed others haven't on the same road. On that note the X21 was following an empty Gemini along there, the X21 stopped at all the stops and picked people up, the 48 infront drove past them all, so X21 was clearly more popular along there.
On Woodcock Lane there was a notice on a wall saying "temporary bus stop" & the "temporary" stop at Five Ways Station is still there as well, how come they haven't put in a proper stop as its been there since 2018?
I also noticed there were still stops showing X20, etc on the flags as well, flags at Newman University and Hillwood Road haven't been changed

With regards to the temporary stop on Woodcock Lane, are you referring to the one that's on a tree? I still don't know why that's been put there. I wonder when the X21 will get it's next stop announcements back and whether it will include that stop.

As for the one on George Road, it does need replacing with a proper stop but also it needs moving further up the road in my opinion. It's way too close to the Saint James Road stop as it is.

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 11, 2021, 04:28:42 PM
With regards to the temporary stop on Woodcock Lane, are you referring to the one that's on a tree? I still don't know why that's been put there. I wonder when the X21 will get it's next stop announcements back and whether it will include that stop.

As for the one on George Road, it does need replacing with a proper stop but also it needs moving further up the road in my opinion. It's way too close to the Saint James Road stop as it is.
It was on the wall between Shenley Fields Drive and Roundlea Road heading towards the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on September 11, 2021, 04:31:45 PM
It was on the wall between Shenley Fields Drive and Roundlea Road heading towards the City Centre.

Oh, okay, I haven't noticed that one. The one I'm referring to is towards Bartley Green and is pretty much opposite the flag on the other side.

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 11, 2021, 05:16:40 PM
Oh, okay, I haven't noticed that one. The one I'm referring to is towards Bartley Green and is pretty much opposite the flag on the other side.

It's there because of the large stopping distance between the Jiggins Lane stop and Carmel Grove stop. The 23 didn't have this problem as it used the Romsley Road bus shelter.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

MasterPlan

Quote from: mesub on September 11, 2021, 09:52:35 PM
It's there because of the large stopping distance between the Jiggins Lane stop and Carmel Grove stop. The 23 didn't have this problem as it used the Romsley Road bus shelter.

What's that got to do with the stops on Woodcock Lane?

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 11, 2021, 11:37:21 PM
What's that got to do with the stops on Woodcock Lane?

Ah sorry, I thought you meant the temporary stop at Bartley Green.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

MasterPlan

Quote from: mesub on September 12, 2021, 09:16:46 PM
Ah sorry, I thought you meant the temporary stop at Bartley Green.

I didn't know about that one, I haven't been down there yet. I did go to Newman Uni today though, for some reason the Brett Drive stops are updated but the one by Newman Uni isn't.

mesub

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 12, 2021, 09:26:43 PM
I didn't know about that one, I haven't been down there yet. I did go to Newman Uni today though, for some reason the Brett Drive stops are updated but the one by Newman Uni isn't.

They've updated the ones at Carmel Grove and Bartley Woods as well.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk