News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: bbs on August 07, 2021, 09:44:15 PM
Most people do take 11 to go for but have to walk quite a long distance

And your evidence?

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2021, 09:58:58 PM
And your evidence?
I would think anyone visiting the Fort from Stechford, Ward End, Yardley, Acocks Green or other places South or West of it would have to take the 11 as there's no other bus service serving it from that way and some do. Not sure how many do though, a small few probably.
The 96 that does serve it directly as well, is rather infrequent, so probably would put some people of using it. Not like a lot of routes where people just turn up at the stop and only have to wait a few minutes normally.
So it is rather poorly served I guess.

Are the 55/94 experiencing any delays somewhere at the Chelmsley end of the route, as this evening there was large gaps in service it seemed at about 6PM from City? Then the first bus that turned a 94 480X left full leaving half of the passengers waiting for the next one 4477.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 07, 2021, 10:01:26 PM
I would think anyone visiting the Fort from Stechford, Ward End, Yardley, Acocks Green or other places South or West of it would have to take the 11 as there's no other bus service serving it from that way and some do. Not sure how many do though.
The 96 that does serve it directly as well, is rather infrequent as well, so probably would put some people of using it. Not like a lot of routes where people just turn up at the stop and only have to wait a few minutes normally.
So it is rather poorly served I guess.

Are the 55/94 experiencing any delays somewhere at the Chelmsley end of the route, as this evening there was large gaps in service it seemed at about 6PM from City? Then the first bus that turned a 94 480X left full leaving half of the passengers waiting for the next one 4477.

I've just came back from my walk, and along Auckland Drive two crimson 94s passed me heading towards Chelmsley Wood at about 22:15, barely five minutes apart.

When I ducked into a shelter to check the live timing information, the display was all garbled at the top of the screen.

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on August 07, 2021, 09:58:58 PM
And your evidence?

For the record, not that I'm in any way suggesting the 11 to the Fort is either a good idea or being planned...
I know quite a few people that do use the 11to get to the Fort from Erdington / Stockland Green / Perry Barr, its handier and on a frequent service than changing / waiting in Erdington for a half hourly bus, and realistically isn't that much slower walking from the 11 stop on the island

Anyway. Once again wild speculation is taking over a thread about *actual* service changes, but that's what's going to happen when the official announcements come a considerable amount of time after the changes are registered
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on August 08, 2021, 11:13:28 AM

Anyway. Once again wild speculation is taking over a thread about *actual* service changes, but that's what's going to happen when the official announcements come a considerable amount of time after the changes are registered

You have a point, certainly in relation to the Walsall 31/32 changes, where we know, or certainly have a better idea of what Diamond are doing, compared to NX.

For example, it's been mentioned their 31 is going every 10 mins to Mossley & every 5 mins to Bloxwich & they're coming off the 32, oh &, according to Simon Dunn, when I asked him about the early Sunday morning 31's, he said their first journey is 840am, but which direction he didn't say & I didn't ask.

I'm guessing(I know) NX 31 & 32 will have a change, to put more(read compete) buses on the Mossley to Walsall section, so in other words, back to how it was before the partnership, but depending on the amount of vehicles to be put in by each operator, you can probably predict heavy loads on NX, quieter on Diamond & not a lot on the competing Chaserider 74, presumbly as most passengers will use NX to travel onwards from Walsall, as they have the network, compared to Diamond, who can only offer onward travel to West Bromwich, Aldridge & Lichfield.

Going back to those early Sunday morning journeys, assuming most of the journeys will go, did anyone use them , or even know about them, as unless you had a copy of the timetable, they were missing off the roadside timetables half the time! (I even asked Simon if they still ran at one point!)

What was the point of those journeys anyway? Unless anyone was starting/finishing work early on Sundays, the only other option was continuing to Birmingham on the 51, as that was the only other service operating at that time.

To fully make them work, there should have been earlier departures on other key Walsall services, such as the 529, where I think the first Sunday departure from Walsall is 0855, maybe an 0825 at least should have been introduced.

But, as said before, it's speculation & I'm just offering an opinion based on what I know, living in the area.

Once the McArthur Glen funding finishes, it'll be interesting to see what happens to the X51.

Based on what happened when the i54 funding finished, I'd be surprised.

I'd have to check my old timetables, but I think it was well before deregulation, that there was anything more than a hourly Sunday service between Walsall & Cannock!

Solo1

Did the 11 at one time serve the fort now served by 96

karl724223

Wolves drivers out route learning pensnetts 7 service ready for when they take it over

the trainbasher

Isn't the 7 every 20 and the 27/A every 30? And what's going to happen to the 81? Will PN be getting that back?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BNH2004

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 08, 2021, 04:22:44 PM
what's going to happen to the 81? Will PN be getting that back?
PN never had the 81 it's always been at WN

the trainbasher

Quote from: BNH2004 on August 08, 2021, 04:26:45 PM
PN never had the 81 it's always been at WN

Not under the 81 number, no, but it has run it when it had its pre Wolves review number of 581. It interworked with the 541.

I think I moved back IIRC when the changes to the 544 and 283 happened to make them the 582/583.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

As an aside, are PN still keeping their runs on the WN16 after the changes?

Looking at the tracking for 4980 is this the new 48 route? Serving parts of the X21 route in the Selly Oak area, Weoley Avenue, etc.
Is there a lot of passenger demand for a second service to serve that new section I wonder? I think it used to go that way until a few years back and then they took it off?
Also I was also thinking if you are sending it down the X21 route, would it not make sense to have them go the same way as well and serve the Retail Park/Oak Tree Lane area?
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/278855?date=2021-08-08#journeys/155994994

Hopefully  the frequency on the main X20/X21/X22 corridor to the QE isn't being decreased, if thats what removing the X20 is about.
If they are looking to make cuts as well, i'm surprised they never scrapped the 25, as I saw a platinum earlier this week leaving City Centre completely empty, just like it used to be pre covid.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on August 08, 2021, 10:36:32 PM
Looking at the tracking for 4980 is this the new 48 route? Serving parts of the X21 route in the Selly Oak area, Weoley Avenue, etc.
Is there a lot of passenger demand for a second service to serve that new section I wonder? I think it used to go that way until a few years back and then they took it off?
Also I was also thinking if you are sending it down the X21 route, would it not make sense to have them go the same way as well and serve the Retail Park/Oak Tree Lane area?

See, now that makes more sense to me, having the 48 go to 'Northfield, via Weoley Castle'.

I think its being suggested that the X21 route is being altered, so I don't think both the 48 and X21 will serve Gibbins Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on August 09, 2021, 07:38:43 AM
See, now that makes more sense to me, having the 48 go to 'Northfield, via Weoley Castle'.

I think its being suggested that the X21 route is being altered, so I don't think both the 48 and X21 will serve Gibbins Road.

Yes that's how it was previously when the 48 served Weoley Castle and it definitely makes more sense than looping back. Makes it more useful that way too.

X21 doesn't go down Gibbins Road.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SO6597

Quote from: 2206 on August 08, 2021, 10:36:32 PM

Hopefully  the frequency on the main X20/X21/X22 corridor to the QE isn't being decreased, if thats what removing the X20 is about.
If they are looking to make cuts as well, i'm surprised they never scrapped the 25, as I saw a platinum earlier this week leaving City Centre completely empty, just like it used to be pre covid.

This would mean that the 48 is pretty much following a similar route to the short-lived 20 c.2009/2010 between the QE and Northfield. Makes sense now and it won't duplicate the X21 as this provides links between the QE/Selly Oak and Weoley Castle using Bristol Rd and Weoley Park Road.

The 48 used to run a similar route for a short time when it went to Bartley Green.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk