News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack D

Is the 58 still changing round shard end?

bususer28

Quote from: Tony on August 03, 2021, 09:06:51 PM

NXWM are trying to keep all service levels at pre-covid until at least October half term to try to persuade passengers back, but there is a small cut in mileage to save some money.
So I take it this is probably the first of quite a few cuts.

Steveminor

The dft are quite clear they want & expect operators to keep mileage at pre covid levels but want operators to keep an eye on commercial margins & not be continually reliant on state funding.
Markets have changed  & passengers habits have changed during covid, the network needs to change & adapt to reflect this.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: bususer28 on August 05, 2021, 08:57:15 PM
So I take it this is probably the first of quite a few cuts.

I guess they've not really had the data if people travelling habits have been curtailed for the past 18 mths plus. No one really knows how long this is going to go on for ?

mesub

Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2021, 10:47:55 AM
The BC changes are
[bold]X20 finishing, partly replaced by 20
X21 extended to Bartley Green[/bold]

Looks like I'll need to find time to do the Northfield to Cofton hackett section.
Do you know how far into Bartley Green the X21 is extending to?

Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2021, 10:47:55 AM
61 routed to serve Allens Cross

Wouldn't that increase the running time, requiring more buses?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

metrocity

Quote from: Jack D on August 05, 2021, 08:48:52 PM
Is the 58 still changing round shard end?
That was the original plan, however the 96 was amended instead

Jack D

What route is 96 taking?
Quote from: metrocity on August 05, 2021, 09:35:23 PM
That was the original plan, however the 96 was amended instead

BBS

Quote from: Jack D on August 05, 2021, 12:17:56 PM
What are the AG changes?
AG changes are:
1A - Renumbered to 41 & Will mirror claribels 36. Claribels 36 will go Small heath Train Station via Battery way and Golden Hillock road.41 will take Spring road,Olton boulevard road,formans road and possible Springfield road.
58: Changes Around the shared end area
4A - route change possibly to replace the 31
31 - Cancelled
Possible Rumour that AG may have the 46 too which will interwork with 41.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

JoNi

Quote from: Steveminor on August 05, 2021, 09:14:40 PM
The dft are quite clear they want & expect operators to keep mileage at pre covid levels but want operators to keep an eye on commercial margins & not be continually reliant on state funding.
Markets have changed  & passengers habits have changed during covid, the network needs to change & adapt to reflect this.
Bus Back Better (BBB) is quite clear that it wants improved co-ordinated services better in the evenings and weekends to generate growth of passenger numbers. It expects multi operator tickets at the same price as individual operator tickets. In Enhanced Partnership areas the proposal is made for LTAs to take over registrations from the Traffic Commissionor effectively to remove inefficient duplication of services so that vehicles and staff can be used to the greater good. With one dominant operator in the West Midlands this should be easier to achieve than other areas if influential leaders locally are motivated by the Prime Ministers aspirations in the forward of BBB.

Sayeed

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 05, 2021, 09:16:40 PM

I guess they've not really had the data if people travelling habits have been curtailed for the past 18 mths plus. No one really knows how long this is going to go on for ?

I would love to see the return of short routes like 004, 443, 450 etc. The routes that were merged had its' moments and some of them maybe were a success but having few of short routes alongside would maybe too in the future. I do hope 46 does well even though most of the route was former 84.
Век живи - век учись

Sh4318

Does anyone know the full extent of the WB/PE changes? Are the frequencies of the 12/A & 13/A going to be affected
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Quote from: bbs on August 05, 2021, 10:13:42 PM
AG changes are:
1A - Renumbered to 41 & Will mirror claribels 36. Claribels 36 will go Small heath Train Station via Battery way and Golden Hillock road.41 will take Spring road,Olton boulevard road,formans road and possible Springfield road.
58: Changes Around the shared end area
4A - route change possibly to replace the 31
31 - Cancelled
Possible Rumour that AG may have the 46 too which will interwork with 41.

Apart from the 1A/41, none of those have been confirmed?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 06, 2021, 01:01:52 AM
Does anyone know the full extent of the WB/PE changes? Are the frequencies of the 12/A & 13/A going to be affected
yes there are changes

Pete175

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 06, 2021, 01:01:52 AM

I heard 12/A & 13/A are to be solely operated by PE with the 12/A mirroring 13/A up Portland Road & City Road, not sure about frequencies

Jack D

Does Anyone know the 96 changes how the route is going to work in shard end??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk