News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Unless 96 is being removed from the fort!!

Jack D

What's going to replace it though, 28,71?

Quote from: Jack D on August 05, 2021, 03:25:50 PM
What's going to replace it though, 28,71?
11 would make sense perhaps as it goes close to it already.

No way you can send the 71 there without adding on a lot of extra journey time.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack D

11 would be a very good shout to be honest!

ellspurs

The 11 used to go to the Fort, and then used to get stuck in all the traffic caused by that very poorly laid out roundabout (A47/A4040 junction).

Now that the layout has been massively improved, there's a decent chance the services could stay on time!

BK63 YWP

I do wonder what's happening to the PN 5 as the registration is cancelled from 29th
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Jack

Quote from: DJ on August 05, 2021, 02:26:57 PM
PB changes are as follows;
7/16/28/33/52/65 - Minor Timetable Changes
38 - Service withdrawn, parts of Castle Vale will be covered by an extension to the 67
67 - Extended to Farnborough Road via current 38 route
55 - Renumbered to 95, interworking with 94
96 - Extended from Kingstanding to Old Oscott off peak, rerouted in Kingstanding/Warren Farm, also rerouted away from Castle Bromwich and Park Hall to serve Bucklands End and Shard End. Also serving Lanchester Way in Smith's Wood
X3 - No longer operating on Sundays
X4 - Cut back to Falcon Lodge from Minworth
X5 - Sunday frequency increased to keep 30 mins frequency from Sutton Coldfield to Mere Green

No changes to other routes not mentioned.
Out of curiosity, does this have anything to do with the 89 service?

Jack D

@DJ How do you know about these changes?

Jack D

We could see a website update on NX site tomorrow usual trend is for fridays to be the day they announce changes looking at when previous updates have been put on

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Jack on August 05, 2021, 04:04:36 PM
Out of curiosity, does this have anything to do with the 89 service?

That's going to be quite a long winded route on the 96 then shard end and the north chelmsley wood. Does that mean the subsidy on the 53 will go.

karl724223

Quote from: BK63 YWP on August 05, 2021, 03:44:50 PM
I do wonder what's happening to the PN 5 as the registration is cancelled from 29th
im reliably informed that all pensnett changes are now registered and should be on the appropriate web sites
Drivers being trained on the changes over the next few weeks

DJ

Quote from: Jack D on August 05, 2021, 04:11:23 PM
@DJ How do you know about these changes?

I believe the staff at PB were made aware, I can't say who told me about them though, for obvious reasons.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

ellspurs

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 05, 2021, 06:55:01 PM

That's going to be quite a long winded route on the 96 then shard end and the north chelmsley wood. Does that mean the subsidy on the 53 will go.

Good riddance to the 53! It doesn't even go around Lanchester Way even when they've changed all the bus stops to show it should.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: SO6597 on July 27, 2021, 02:33:10 PM
I think there's an issue with DDs running along Leach Green Lane due to low hanging trees.

There used to be a 63A in the mid/late 90s on Sunday evenings but it used to go up Lickey Road to the 62 terminus and back down again before continuing along the normal line of route. 

I loved the old terminus. A childhood spotting haunt - 62, 64 and the old MRW 334/302.

Just curious if all these changes are about balancing the books which makes sense, how does sending two routes to rednal/ coften and taking away route to the city and making people change achieve this, again all speculation and just curious really?

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 05, 2021, 08:33:00 PM

Just curious if all these changes are about balancing the books which makes sense, how does sending two routes to rednal/ coften and taking away route to the city and making people change achieve this, again all speculation and just curious really?

Because our scheduling team know what they are doing and know where passengers actaully travel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk