News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PB50

Quote from: Tony on July 23, 2023, 09:17:26 AMAlthough it seems noteworthy, full use of the Hydrogens starts today and they will be on all Birmingham routes. Should be 6 out every Sunday (more once they are cleared for the X51 between Walsall and Cannock after a low hanging tree is trimmed), and every fit one out on weekdays up to a maximum of 17
So I was just going to go down town to look out for a load of hydrogen buses and bustimes is only showing 6 out. Thought there might have been a load out.

Westy

I'm guessing the low hanging tree Tony is referring to is north of Cannock, unless he's referring to one outside Walsall depot, that the 32 I caught this morning clipped?

Tony

Quote from: PB50 on July 24, 2023, 08:47:35 AMSo I was just going to go down town to look out for a load of hydrogen buses and bustimes is only showing 6 out. Thought there might have been a load out.
Yesterday a problem tree was also found on the 997 route, so all running boards that were to be allocated Hydrogens had to revert to platinums until either a) running boards are revised or b) the tree is trimmed

Gareth

Quote from: Tony on July 24, 2023, 05:41:03 PMYesterday a problem tree was also found on the 997 route, so all running boards that were to be allocated Hydrogens had to revert to platinums until either a) running boards are revised or b) the tree is trimmed
What's the difference between an E400 getting bashed by a tree and a Hydrogen? 

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on July 24, 2023, 07:06:51 PMWhat's the difference between an E400 getting bashed by a tree and a Hydrogen?
about 4 inches (14'2" to 14'6"), and the Hydrogens have the safety release valves on the roof

Stu

Quote from: Tony on July 24, 2023, 05:41:03 PMYesterday a problem tree was also found on the 997 route, so all running boards that were to be allocated Hydrogens had to revert to platinums until either a) running boards are revised or b) the tree is trimmed
It's almost ironic, that the one thing preventing zero-emission buses from being used on a route, is something that loves Co2. :rolleyes:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

The problem tree on the 997 route is presumably in the Frampton Way area of Pheasey then as NX put a tweet out yesterday saying the 997 wasn't serving it due to problem trees?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on July 24, 2023, 07:55:57 PMThe problem tree on the 997 route is presumably in the Frampton Way area of Pheasey then as NX put a tweet out yesterday saying the 997 wasn't serving it due to problem trees?
Presumably because its easier to just temporarily divert a service for the day than to have those vehicles taken out of service to be swapped over at the garage.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on July 24, 2023, 07:55:57 PMThe problem tree on the 997 route is presumably in the Frampton Way area of Pheasey then as NX put a tweet out yesterday saying the 997 wasn't serving it due to problem trees?

The offending tree on Frampton Way has been an issue for sometime, always bashes buses going past it, but now they are only bothered now they have Hydrogens running along it. Let alone all the other roads that have tree's bashing buses that they obviously aren't interested in..

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on July 24, 2023, 09:38:58 PMThe offending tree on Frampton Way has been an issue for sometime, always bashes buses going past it, but now they are only bothered now they have Hydrogens running along it. Let alone all the other roads that have tree's bashing buses that they obviously aren't interested in..
You clearly didn't read Tony's comment about them being taller and something on the roof of the hydrogen vehicles 

Jack

So this apparent tree that's causing issues has either been sorted or they are continuing to get bashed as the 997's got Hydogens on it this morning!

Tony

Quote from: Jack on July 25, 2023, 06:58:15 AMSo this apparent tree that's causing issues has either been sorted or they are continuing to get bashed as the 997's got Hydogens on it this morning!
Yes, the council agreed to sort the tree out. The one on the X51 is harder to sort as it is growing on private land, not the roadway.

Celestial Toymaker

in times gone by, companys used to have a tree lopper, obviously used to trim over hanging branches, this time of year theres are several on the Warwick Road (Solihull) 7 star side, and used get a few on Station Road, Knowle, but as ive not been that way in a few years now (not since NXWM pulled out of Dorridge) i dont know if this is still the case,

Theres also an occasional diversion route used in Birmingham on City Road, im told buses using it MUST NOT use Gillott Rd / Portland Road due to possible over hanging trees, so they turn right out of Gillott Rd towards City Rd then normal line of route (11A stop almost on the corner)

3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

PB50

How come no hydrogen buses out today?

D10

Quote from: PB50 on July 26, 2023, 07:47:54 AMHow come no hydrogen buses out today?
I understand there has been some problem at the Tyseley fuelling station which means that they haven't been able to be sent out in service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk