News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Bevan

Quote from: BusMan Greg on December 06, 2021, 07:14:23 PM
A Hydrogen vehicle was sighted on an X51 in Cannock this evening! @Tony stated there will be a Hydrogen on an eevening Cannock X51 on a regular basis. Apparently the photo was taken around 1820 ish! I'm wondering weather it's the 1825 X51 off Cannock

Looks like it's been changed with 6758 today at 15:30 in Walsall.

Stu

So, has anyone here actually travelled on one of these yet? And if so, what do you make of them?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

DJ

Quote from: Stu on December 10, 2021, 08:15:26 PM
So, has anyone here actually travelled on one of these yet? And if so, what do you make of them?

I had H1011 the other day. They're pretty quick off the line, and I'm very impressed with the build quality. No rattles or creaks to speak of, and plenty of leg room too, the complete opposite of my thoughts on the BYD City's. I've heard the steering is a bit heavy though, and the driver I chatted with wasn't a fan of them.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Stu on December 10, 2021, 08:15:26 PM

I've travelled on a couple of them. I've got to echo what @DJ has said about the build quality being great on them! I think the E400 EV's are quite noisy going over potholes, but the Hydroliner's feel like just a standard bus. They also get up to speed quick and smoothly! The only downside to them (and the same with the normal Streetdeck) is how quickly the windows can mist up in certain conditions, especially the front window as there is no forced ventilation by the front window, but that isn't a major issue.

Kevin

Assuming they're not sending them out on the weekend?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Westy

I thought I would've seen at least one parked up ready for service in Walsall by now, but at the times I'm about, I'm either having to make a quick change between buses, due to close connections, there's no 51's in the stop, or as I saw last night, a Plattie on the 51 instead!

GoldenSquid

Hiya, Just wondering does anyone know if there are any Hydrogen Buses out today?
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

Westy

Quote from: GoldenSquid on December 15, 2021, 12:17:00 PM
Hiya, Just wondering does anyone know if there are any Hydrogen Buses out today?

I think I saw the back of one going up Hatherton Road this morning about 7am!

Quote from: don on December 18, 2021, 04:56:45 PM
The lack of any hydrogens showing on 51 was mildly irritating
They aren't used on the Weekend or Weekday late nights I think it was said?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

don

Quote from: 2206 on December 18, 2021, 05:14:42 PM
They aren't used on the Weekend or Weekday late nights I think it was said?

The handful set up on the fleet have never appeared on there (except for tracking inside WA garage). In fact the first day they were used on the 51 looking at the route in the morning peak, it only showed 5 buses I think over the whole route (48xx Enviros). Presumably the gaps were non tracking hydrogens.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Jack

Quote from: don on December 18, 2021, 10:27:01 PM
The handful set up on the fleet have never appeared on there (except for tracking inside WA garage). In fact the first day they were used on the 51 looking at the route in the morning peak, it only showed 5 buses I think over the whole route (48xx Enviros). Presumably the gaps were non tracking hydrogens.
The ones that do get sent out seemingly can't do a days service without being swapped during the day and some days during the last week theres been 0 Hydrogens out. Teething issues or not the whole introduction to service is poor and sloppy compared to how YW's Electric's entered service!

Tony

Quote from: Jack on December 18, 2021, 11:39:09 PM
The ones that do get sent out seemingly can't do a days service without being swapped during the day and some days during the last week theres been 0 Hydrogens out. Teething issues or not the whole introduction to service is poor and sloppy compared to how YW's Electric's entered service!

The reason they have to be swapped is normally untrained drivers. With the current shortage drivers off other rotas are regularly doing last minute overtime to cover. The reason not many are out some days is fuelling issues which are beyond NXs control. We are still having to fuel them on a small vehicle pump which struggles to cope and has been out of action a couple of days

Stu

Quote from: Tony on December 19, 2021, 06:55:23 AM
The reason not many are out some days is fuelling issues which are beyond NXs control. We are still having to fuel them on a small vehicle pump which struggles to cope and has been out of action a couple of days

Is this a lack of foresight from Birmingham city council? They were originally expecting these buses last year, you'd have thought they'd have worked with TEP (Tyseley Energy Park) to ensure the bus refueller was up and running ahead of the delivery of the hydrogen buses.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Are Walsall's refuelling facillities still in progress of constuction?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk