News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus fares being reduced from June 21st?

Started by Stu, April 29, 2021, 07:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Westy

Solo1

would of thought they would of reduced the nxbuss & metro pass i know nxbus dont run the metro any more but the bus pass for a month is reduced so would of thought reduce it by £10 to match the saving with a bus pass

Steveminor

Bus operators have decided to lower fares its upto other modes to decide what they do with their fares

Westy

Quote from: Westy on July 16, 2021, 07:03:27 AM
I do!

Looks like nothing is updated yet, as my sister tried her card on the Swift machine in Walsall Bus Station & it still showed the Black Country Faresaver.

Went in the Travelshop nearby & they couldn't help either!

Stu

Quote from: Westy on July 17, 2021, 08:57:23 PM
Looks like nothing is updated yet, as my sister tried her card on the Swift machine in Walsall Bus Station & it still showed the Black Country Faresaver.

Went in the Travelshop nearby & they couldn't help either!

Its not July 19th yet  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Quote from: Stu on July 18, 2021, 09:37:50 AM
Its not July 19th yet  ;)

Here's a question then.

If you had bought a new Black Country pass or renewed a Black Country pass yesterday, would you have got an 'old' BC pass or a 'new' countywide pass instead?

The drawback my sister will have (temporaily) is that she had a year pass originally via work, but this time, she had to set up an account with NX direct, rather than her employer. (One of the emergency services)

As long as it all works tomorrow, no problem, she doesn't mind waiting a bit longer to update the pass, but it seemed strange that it didn't say you couldn't update the pass before the 19th, because for example you can update a pass that finishes on Sunday, as early as the previous Thursday!

Technical limitation I suppose, as usual

Tony

Quote from: Westy on July 18, 2021, 12:02:03 PM
Here's a question then.

If you had bought a new Black Country pass or renewed a Black Country pass yesterday, would you have got an 'old' BC pass or a 'new' countywide pass instead?

The drawback my sister will have (temporaily) is that she had a year pass originally via work, but this time, she had to set up an account with NX direct, rather than her employer. (One of the emergency services)

As long as it all works tomorrow, no problem, she doesn't mind waiting a bit longer to update the pass, but it seemed strange that it didn't say you couldn't update the pass before the 19th, because for example you can update a pass that finishes on Sunday, as early as the previous Thursday!

Technical limitation I suppose, as usual

The old one.

The new ones don't start until the 19th, unless you are extending and existing one that finishes today or later

ellspurs

Is it Alison Hammond doing the radio adverts for the bus fare reduction that I'm hearing on Heart today?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk