News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus fares being reduced from June 21st?

Started by Stu, April 29, 2021, 07:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Just came across this on Facebook:

"BIG BUS FARE CUTS COMING
For four years by working with National Express we've frozen bus fares.
Now we are going much further with big fare cuts from June 21st, making West Mids buses the cheapest in England.
And still investing in a fleet of brand new platinum and electric buses."
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

On BBC news they have just said daysaver reduced by 60p, weekly pass reduced by £2.50

BK63 YWP

Will the off peak daysaver remain or get reduced to £3.50 or something
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

j789

I'm not overly political either way but I do think Andy Street has done a good job in regards to public transport across the region. It's good to see him regularly working in partnership with local bus and train companies rather than working against them like that plonker in Manchester.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: j789 on April 29, 2021, 10:52:23 PM
I'm not overly political either way but I do think Andy Street has done a good job in regards to public transport across the region.

I agree. The poison dwarf has made a fantastic effort in keeping a photographer in employment. Fingers crossed that his job creation scheme finally yields results with either Byrne or Caudwell getting a new gig next weekend...

Stu

Quote from: BK63 YWP on April 29, 2021, 08:18:58 PM
Will the off peak daysaver remain or get reduced to £3.50 or something

Further details in this E&S report:
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport/2021/04/29/bus-fares-set-to-be-cut-in-west-midlands-as-lockdown-ends/

Looks like all that is changing are Daysaver and weekly ticket prices, with a weekly price-cap for contactless users.
My locals:

bususer28

Well done to NX- at least someone is trying to get people back onto the buses!

Tony

Quote from: Stu on April 30, 2021, 09:56:13 AM
Further details in this E&S report:
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/transport/2021/04/29/bus-fares-set-to-be-cut-in-west-midlands-as-lockdown-ends/

Looks like all that is changing are Daysaver and weekly ticket prices, with a weekly price-cap for contactless users.

No, Monthly, Annual & Direct Debit are all reducing as well

Bob

Quote from: j789 on April 29, 2021, 10:52:23 PM
I'm not overly political either way but I do think Andy Street has done a good job in regards to public transport across the region. It's good to see him regularly working in partnership with local bus and train companies rather than working against them like that plonker in Manchester.

Pity hes failed badly at most other things

Tony

Quote from: Bob on April 30, 2021, 06:08:56 PM
Pity hes failed badly at most other things

What has he 'Failed badly' on?

Stu

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2021, 06:06:26 PM
No, Monthly, Annual & Direct Debit are all reducing as well

Ah thanks, as a Direct Debit customer myself that is somewhat pleasing to hear, but this was not mentioned in the E&S article, and I haven't yet seen any other information or details elsewhere yet.
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on April 30, 2021, 06:21:43 PM
Ah thanks, as a Direct Debit customer myself that is somewhat pleasing to hear, but this was not mentioned in the E&S article, and I haven't yet seen any other information or details elsewhere yet.

No, I have just brought that up with the MD

His reply was

Good point and copying xxxxx so we can make it clear that the DD and other tickets will reduce too

Stu

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2021, 06:24:01 PM
No, I have just brought that up with the MD

His reply was

Good point and copying xxxxx so we can make it clear that the DD and other tickets will reduce too

Thanks Tony, if you have any additional details that can be shared, I'll be happy to update the article I've posted on my website:
https://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/2021/04/nx-bus-cutting-fares-from-june-2021/
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on April 30, 2021, 06:30:48 PM
Thanks Tony, if you have any additional details that can be shared, I'll be happy to update the article I've posted on my website:
https://westmidlandsbususers.co.uk/2021/04/nx-bus-cutting-fares-from-june-2021/

Scrapping the £4.60 peak daysaver and making daysavers £4 all day long (plus, the low-fares zones will stay at £3)
Making the under-18 daysaver just £2 (down from £2.50 today)
Making the weekly travelcard £15 (down from £17.50) - and flowing these reductions through to 4-weekly and direct debits too

MK

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2021, 06:12:41 PM
What has he 'Failed badly' on?

Birmingham's ongoing problem with homelessness.

I'm in the City Centre 6 days a week and its no better now than it was 5 years ago. If anything, its now worse. Prior to his appointment, he stated that sorting this out would be his priority. His time should be based purely on results, and regardless of his initiatives, he has failed.

Our City Centre streets are rife with these people, day-in, day-out. It paints a very grim picture for any tourists or potential investors.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk