News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

july 22nd route changes

Started by danny, July 22, 2012, 06:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on July 23, 2012, 11:53:22 PM
Probably not anything to do with any of the changes or traffic Jams, but does anyone know why a 75 and a 16 were on service up Frederick Street and turned right into Warstone Lane in the Jewellery Quarter earlier this afternoon? (maybe 1.30ish)

Because of the big fire on Snow Hill closing Constitution Hill

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Ashley on July 24, 2012, 12:01:46 AM
For now, this would be the best example of free amusement for a bus spotter or even any member of the public lol. However if it works overall well then I eat my words

Nah, best go to the chippy or you'll go hungry!

Did anyone else spot the antics of the temporary traffic lights at the Albert Street junction on MSQ? Sitting on red for over 2 minutes at one stage. I watched one bus take 12 minutes to get from joining Moor Street to pulling on to stand on Albert Street - & this was at 7pm after the rush hour! That set of lights got re-set 3 times in a 40 minute period - yet were still playing silly buggers at 10pm. I've got a short video of them (obviously not when they were sat on red for 2 mins, that would be like watching paint dry :o) that i'll try to upload tonight to give you all a laugh.

I was expecting MSQ to be the big pinch point, but finding Old Square running at full capacity just before 4pm was a concern - not helped by the incident at Dale End around 5pm which threw even more traffic at the Island.

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on July 24, 2012, 09:29:26 AM
Quote from: Gareth on July 23, 2012, 11:53:22 PM
Probably not anything to do with any of the changes or traffic Jams, but does anyone know why a 75 and a 16 were on service up Frederick Street and turned right into Warstone Lane in the Jewellery Quarter earlier this afternoon? (maybe 1.30ish)

Because of the big fire on Snow Hill closing Constitution Hill
I seen that too - builders diesel too hot so burnt the billboard :P
Route changes seem to cause more chaos atm as every time I get the 16 from Moor street to get out of town its like a standstill
Also some drivers don't know new route (had to show a diamond '16' driver the new route LOL)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

Haha. Dont we all have experiences of helping diamond drivers!!Ive had to help on the 64, 10H, 16 and 50 and Id only ever been on the 16/50 once before. Still, theyre nice drivers and diamonds route network is extremely complicated

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk