News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marge559

I don't have any red buses!

Bob

Yea Im sure that would go down well with passengers and attract customers eh?

karl724223

Does anybody on here really care about them apart from the two regular whingers

the trainbasher

Remember there's an industry shortage of drivers so journeys may be cancelled at short notice

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 18, 2021, 10:03:36 AM
Remember there's an industry shortage of drivers so journeys may be cancelled at short notice

True but thats not so bad on more frequent routes but when its an hourly one its crap. It was due to one of the many breakdowns that day i think

ContainsNuts

You seem to complain about a lot of different services. Are you just an armchair spotter poring over bustimes.org? Someone with the same name (coincidence?) was recently banned from a certain Facebook group for a continuous stream of negativity. Didn't your mother teach you that if you can't say anything nice then you shouldn't say anything at all!!

In other news, there are a further two Metrocities from APH at Cannock but not yet in use.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: ContainsNuts on November 18, 2021, 07:00:35 PM
You seem to complain about a lot of different services. Are you just an armchair spotter poring over bustimes.org? Someone with the same name (coincidence?) was recently banned from a certain Facebook group for a continuous stream of negativity. Didn't your mother teach you that if you can't say anything nice then you shouldn't say anything at all!!

In other news, there are a further two Metrocities from APH at Cannock but not yet in use.
Thought it was only the one metrocity?

Bob

Quote from: ContainsNuts on November 18, 2021, 07:00:35 PM

No someone with experience of how poor the service is

ContainsNuts

Quote from: Bob on November 18, 2021, 08:05:46 PM

Either way, it gets a bit tiresome as all you seem to live for is to post your daily gripes all over the internet and I doubt many people really want to hear it.

Stu

Quote from: Bob on November 18, 2021, 08:05:46 PM

What do you suggest they do then to improve the service?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ContainsNuts

Quote from: Stu on November 18, 2021, 08:33:35 PM
What do you suggest they do then to improve the service?

Good question, and bear in mind money is tight so lots of replacement vehicles is not an option, plus there's a national shortage of professional drivers which is affecting almost every bus operator in the area.

Bob

Quote from: ContainsNuts on November 18, 2021, 08:44:16 PM
Good question, and bear in mind money is tight so lots of replacement vehicles is not an option, plus there's a national shortage of professional drivers which is affecting almost every bus operator in the area.

Maybe maintain what theyve got properly so theyre not breaking down daily. 104/106/162 amongst several others werent capable of doing a day without breaking down. Maybe dont use 13 year old absolutely knackered Solos on interurban work that theyre clearly not up to, use them on pye greens instead

ContainsNuts

Quote from: Bob on November 18, 2021, 09:02:05 PM
Maybe maintain what theyve got properly so theyre not breaking down daily. 104/106/162 amongst several others werent capable of doing a day without breaking down. Maybe dont use 13 year old absolutely knackered Solos on interurban work that theyre clearly not up to, use them on pye greens instead

So, and factoring in the money is tight across the industry at present so replacing buses isn't really an option, What buses would you recommend for interurban work?

Buses in general only really use a handful of engine / gearbox combinations. A Solo underneath is not much different to a Versa or Enviro, but the Solo has the advantage of weighing less. Arriva Shrewsbury run a depot of Mercedes engined Versas on interurban services and these have the same engine as are fitted to most Solos. The argument that 'Solos are no good' doesn't really stack up as they seem to manage in many places without issues, and they have been exported all over the world.

The issues with certain buses at Chaserider is likely to be a difficult one to resolve. Buses are basically large computers these days and diagnosing a fault can sometimes take a very long time. Don't forget that Chaserider only came into existence 10 months ago which, in the grand scheme of things, is not very long at all. 13 years old for a bus, by current standards across the country, is far from unacceptable.

I'd be interested to know what qualifies you to make judgements as you do. Maybe you should contact Chaserider and offer your services as I'm sure they would benefit from someone as knowledgable as you working for them to help them turn the corner and get past these issues! I assume, given your in-depth knowledge of how to run a bus company, that you would be suitably qualified for the role?

Jamie A

Quote from: ContainsNuts on November 18, 2021, 09:30:50 PM
So, and factoring in the money is tight across the industry at present so replacing buses isn't really an option, What buses would you recommend for interurban work?

Buses in general only really use a handful of engine / gearbox combinations. A Solo underneath is not much different to a Versa or Enviro, but the Solo has the advantage of weighing less. Arriva Shrewsbury run a depot of Mercedes engined Versas on interurban services and these have the same engine as are fitted to most Solos. The argument that 'Solos are no good' doesn't really stack up as they seem to manage in many places without issues, and they have been exported all over the world.

The issues with certain buses at Chaserider is likely to be a difficult one to resolve. Buses are basically large computers these days and diagnosing a fault can sometimes take a very long time. Don't forget that Chaserider only came into existence 10 months ago which, in the grand scheme of things, is not very long at all. 13 years old for a bus, by current standards across the country, is far from unacceptable.

I'd be interested to know what qualifies you to make judgements as you do. Maybe you should contact Chaserider and offer your services as I'm sure they would benefit from someone as knowledgable as you working for them to help them turn the corner and get past these issues! I assume, given your in-depth knowledge of how to run a bus company, that you would be suitably qualified for the role?

I think Bob was referring more to the capacity of the Solomon services such as the 74 which can have busy loading a in favour of high capacity Volvo running around empty on Pye greens

888DUK

Quote from: ContainsNuts on November 18, 2021, 09:30:50 PM

As you seem a new poster and the content of your posts can I ask if you have a connection with Chaserider at all?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk