News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ

Quote from: BusMan Greg on May 13, 2021, 11:36:24 PM
The H, 2, 6, 7, 8, 8A, 22, 23, 24 Have all been cancelled.

More work for Select then?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: DJ on May 14, 2021, 12:14:24 AM
The 2 is being replaced by the 70/71/74 judging by the registraions! The 6 has already been replaced by the 875A but I assume it has only just been withdrawn because it was suspended way back! Not sure about the rest though! Although I think Rugeley locals are gone for now

Solo1

the H will be run by Arriva Telford i read somewhere

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on May 14, 2021, 12:17:01 AM
The 2 is being replaced by the 70/71/74 judging by the registraions! The 6 has already been replaced by the 875A but I assume it has only just been withdrawn because it was suspended way back! Not sure about the rest though! Although I think Rugeley locals are gone for now

Does this mean no bus between Cheslyn Hay and Walsall still?

Capitalpotter

Not coming from the Cannock side of Staffordshire I'm not too familiar with the bus routes but on any forum people seem really upset about the number 2 to walsall. Was this a busy route years gone by as I can't imagine D&G getting rid of a cash cow.
Select are taking on a couple of the other Stafford towns I think and handing over 1 route to Chaserider later this year.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Bob on May 14, 2021, 09:19:06 AM
Does this mean no bus between Cheslyn Hay and Walsall still?
I dont think so no

BusMan Greg

The 61 strikes me as a strange registration. From what I can understand, it will start at Sankeys corner and go via Boney Hay to Lichfield. Sounds similar to the old 15 that Midland and a few other use to run

mikestone

Clearly the end points of those registrations cannot be relied on. the 74 is shown Cannock via Brocton to Cheslyn Hay and the 70 Cannock-Huntington via Wolverhampton!

BusMan Greg

The Burntwood to Lichfield section is going to be extremely frequent now as you will have the 10A, 60, 60A, 61, 62. The whole point of the 60A was to retain the 15 min frequency between Cannock and Lichfield corridor when the 61 and 62 were cut back/withdrawn. So it's going to be interesting to see how they do this! It makes we wonder weather they are trying to kick start the buses in the area back to pre Covid levels

mikestone

Quote from: DJ on May 14, 2021, 12:14:24 AM
Select 7, 8, 23 timetables now on their website.

mikestone

Jun 21 changes now on website.
74 is running hourly to Walsall and the 1 half-hourly. to Walsall.
H is replaced by new 828 to Lichfield via the Hospital.

PB2938

Intresting I wonder if the 3 will ever be extended back to Walsall
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

BusMan Greg

60A I'd also being withdrawn! No info on the 61 🤔

Westy

Quote from: mikestone on May 26, 2021, 04:21:37 PM
Jun 21 changes now on website.
74 is running hourly to Walsall and the 1 half-hourly. to Walsall.
H is replaced by new 828 to Lichfield via the Hospital.

This might be a soft question,  but 'where' on the website?

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on May 26, 2021, 06:22:13 PM
This might be a soft question,  but 'where' on the website?

You need to look at the routes down the bottom and click on them. Clicking on the 1 drops the box down which shows "New service commencing on 21st June operating direct along the A34 between Cannock and Walsall."

Did the 1 run direct before? Or is this taking advantage of NXWM covering areas they've withdrawn from?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk