News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Depotosw on January 27, 2021, 10:06:20 AM
Looking at the posting, they don't make it clear if covid related changes or a permanent thing, seems to be provoking comments from some unhappy customers it seems too...

I have to say, one person I saw moaning they will now have to walk 10 minutes to the bus stop is just pathetic moaning for the sake of moaning.
Lots of people have to walk more than 10 minutes in Birmingham for a bus let alone small towns. Can't have buses everywhere
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Depotosw

Quote from: Kevin on January 27, 2021, 02:46:08 PM
I have to say, one person I saw moaning they will now have to walk 10 minutes to the bus stop is just pathetic moaning for the sake of moaning.
Lots of people have to walk more than 10 minutes in Birmingham for a bus let alone small towns. Can't have buses everywhere

But on the other hand they have had a bus pass a bus stop close by for donkey years, do you blame them? Hardly an encouragement for using the bus in the future, post covid restrictions.

Westy

Quote from: Depotosw on January 27, 2021, 04:18:38 PM
But on the other hand they have had a bus pass a bus stop close by for donkey years, do you blame them? Hardly an encouragement for using the bus in the future, post covid restrictions.

I'm in the same boat with the number 2 where I am, but it's only a 5 min walk to the nearest Nx bus stop!

metrocity

Quote from: Depotosw on January 27, 2021, 04:18:38 PM
I would be very surprised if the services that have seen the changes are restored post COVID. The network Chaserider inherited hasn't been viable for years so changes would have needed to be made at some point.

Solo1

@metrocity  so why didnt arriva change it if services was losing money

metrocity

Quote from: Solo1 on January 28, 2021, 09:42:46 AM
@metrocity  so why didnt arriva change it if services was losing money
Thats the million dollar question..

Bob

Quote from: metrocity on January 28, 2021, 09:01:56 AM
I would be very surprised if the services that have seen the changes are restored post COVID. The network Chaserider inherited hasn’t been viable for years so changes would have needed to be made at some point.

Why would D and G want to buy an economic basket case in the middle of a pandemic thats ultimately gonna lose them money? I dont get it. Someone posted on fb that the new General Manager walked out after 1 week. Not sure how true that is

WilliamLeylandNational

Quote from: Bob on January 28, 2021, 10:41:45 AM
Why would D and G want to buy an economic basket case in the middle of a pandemic thats ultimately gonna lose them money? I dont get it. Someone posted on fb that the new General Manager walked out after 1 week. Not sure how true that is

He left the business 1 week before the 9th January handover date.

Bob

Quote from: metrocity on January 28, 2021, 09:01:56 AM
I would be very surprised if the services that have seen the changes are restored post COVID. The network Chaserider inherited hasn't been viable for years so changes would have needed to be made at some point.

Like a vastly trimmed network?

Mod note: please check your quote formatting before posting, thanks

Bob

Apologies, sorry i thought i had.

metrocity

Quote from: Bob on January 28, 2021, 05:20:33 PM

Like a vastly trimmed network?

Mod note: please check your quote formatting before posting, thanks

Exactly that !

Vulcan

See one of the newer ex Arriva Solos repainted today, not able to see reg or fleet no.
Where these being painted anyone know ?

Solo1

Quote from: Vulcan on February 27, 2021, 07:01:57 PM
See one of the newer ex Arriva Solos repainted today, not able to see reg or fleet no.
at Cannock chaserider depot ive read it  on one of the posted on Facebook 

Jamie A

Quote from: Vulcan on February 27, 2021, 07:01:57 PM

They are painted at Cannock, 2405,2514/16 are 3 painted so far

Vulcan

Where they posted on face book then I am not seeing the pictures

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk