News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Trivial But Unique (inspired by The Bus Forum)

Started by Busboy105, October 26, 2020, 10:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busboy105

Know any unique facts about any West Midlands route ? As trivial and boring as you want, but so long as it's unique. Something about a route that is unique in a particular setting,something only it does in its journey or in relation to other routes in its garage or a location along its route. NOT INCLUDED is a particular road that it alone goes along, lots of routes do that.

I'll start:
The 8 (Wolverhampton-Wollaston Farm) serves the most bus stations: Wolverhampton, Dudley, Merry Hill and Stourbridge.

the trainbasher

The 11 briefly lost its crown as longest urban bus route to the 9/10 in Dundee and also briefly lost its crown to the Coventry outer circle

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Busboy105

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 26, 2020, 10:17:38 AM
The 11 briefly lost its crown as longest urban bus route to the 9/10 in Coventry and also briefly lost its crown to the Coventry outer circle
The 9 and 10 are over 20 miles???

DJ

Despite being the main trunk route between the two towns, the 79 is actually quite a bit slower than another route between Bilston and Wednesbury, as Diamond's 23 only takes 16 minutes, versus the 79's 28. I'm not sure if there's any other main routes like that, where a way less frequent tendered service is actually the quicker option.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Busboy105

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 26, 2020, 10:48:50 AM
Despite being the main trunk route between the two towns, the 79 is actually quite a bit slower than another route between Bilston and Wednesbury, as Diamond's 23 only takes 16 minutes, versus the 79's 28. I'm not sure if there's any other main routes like that, where a way less frequent tendered service is actually the quicker option.
The 34 is  only 5 minutes longer to Kings Heath than the 35.

V89MOA

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 26, 2020, 11:11:34 AM
Debatable, the timetable puts the 35 at 23 minutes, most trips on the the 34 are 30 minutes from town. The traffic lately has been affecting both routes quite badly though, not helped by the everwise council closing all the side streets off in Kings Heath and sending everyone up the high street.

Busboy105

Quote from: V89MOA on October 26, 2020, 12:29:50 PM
Debatable, the timetable puts the 35 at 23 minutes, most trips on the the 34 are 30 minutes from town. The traffic lately has been affecting both routes quite badly though, not helped by the everwise council closing all the side streets off in Kings Heath and sending everyone up the high street.
The 34 was rerouted back in February around Balsall Heath; maybe that added time to it.

DJ

Quote from: Busboy105 on October 26, 2020, 11:11:34 AM

Yeah, but the main route from Brum to Kings Heath is the 50, which is even more direct. The 79, despite being the main trunk route, takes a pretty indirect route to serve Darlaston.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 26, 2020, 02:49:16 PM
Yeah, but the main route from Brum to Kings Heath is the 50, which is even more direct. The 79, despite being the main trunk route, takes a pretty indirect route to serve Darlaston.
According to timetables the 50 leaving Moor Street at 1208 arriving at Kings Heath at 1231, the 35 leaving Moor Street at 1205 arriving at Kings Heath at 1228 - Both are exactly 23 minutes.

Busboy105

Which route has had the most changes since inception?

Lukeee

Which route has had the most operators run services on it (commercial or subsidized)

Quote from: Lukeee on November 02, 2020, 08:48:30 PM
Which route has had the most operators run services on it (commercial or subsidized)
Currently 11A/11C says Discount Travel one way, RK Travel other way and NX. So 3.

Don't think there will be many that have more than 2 running on it in 2020.

11A/11C has had The Green Bus (they used to run an 11E from Stechford to Winson Green via Ward End, Erdington, Perry Barr and Handsworth) around 2011, AMPM Travel, Joes Travel, Social Travel, GRS Travel, Discount Travel Solutions, RK Travel and National Express West Midlands over the last 10 years.

I found the registration on the VOSA site for the old Green Bus Service, looks like it only ran for a few months as well from 1st September to the 5th December 2011.
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/345536/
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: Lukeee on November 02, 2020, 08:48:30 PM

The Birmingham 53/663 must be up there with the most operators!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk