News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Sightings of bus branding out of their normal area.

Started by ellspurs, September 08, 2020, 04:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Today, I followed NXWM4024 operating as a GRS Travel bus on the "Spalding 9" route from Wisbech through to Spalding. Recognised it from a distance due to the livery and when I got closer to it, it still had the fleet number emblazoned on it.

The bus is still in the same livery as seen in the latest picture on the site. The only changes I could see (from the back/side) was that they'd put their logo in the space where the NXWM logo normally is. Signs on/in the bus were still written in that font that TWM used. Spent the best part of an hour stuck behind it on the A1101/A17, and the damn thing kicked up a stone that chipped my windscreen.

Anyone else spotted something similar?

Stu

I'm reminded of a few years ago now, I was travelling on a train to London, and as we were passing through somewhere in Buckinghamshire, travelling on a road running near the railway line was a TWM Metrobus, still in its silver/blue livery.

Obviously it was too far away to identify it, but it made me smile a little at the time, as all the Metrobuses had been withdrawn by then.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

DJ

Do the Centros at Cannock count? They still have Hertfordshire on the sides, last time I checked.

There also was the ex-Hallmark Scanias at Kidderminster, some of which retained their branding, along with the ex-Wessex buses.

Another one that comes to mind, TM Travel have at least one ex-Uno Omnicity, still in their livery.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bob

Quote from: StourValley98 on September 09, 2020, 07:21:43 AM
Do the Centros at Cannock count? They still have Hertfordshire on the sides, last time I checked.

There also was the ex-Hallmark Scanias at Kidderminster, some of which retained their branding, along with the ex-Wessex buses.

Another one that comes to mind, TM Travel have at least one ex-Uno Omnicity, still in their livery.

Those Centros arrived in a terrible state at Cannock. Ones been repainted at least. I remember catching one and thinking how can they let a bus out in the filthy condition it was in

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk