News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Surprising changes commencing 30th August 2020

Started by Steve3229vp, August 18, 2020, 11:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 26, 2020, 01:15:07 PM
They can't do it as the 31/32 is a WMB service not a NX service

I am not a revenue Inspector any more, so don't check tickets nowadays.

Of course the revenue team can check tickets on the 31/32. Theere's no need posting your personal guesswork as fact

monkeyjoe

They have now listed all the school service changes now

Jack D

PB2938

Quote from: l.murphy123 on August 22, 2020, 12:18:14 PM
How do you find this information?
They used to do Cheslyn Hay High routes to Bloxwich and Featherstone but don't anymore. 868 was one can't remember the other.

Timetable for Cannock Cardinal griffen school

https://www.cardinalgriffin.org.uk/Parents/College-Bus/
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

SK68MEV

A email from park hall academy stated that the 70 will be replaced by 94S and has been rerouted due to low hanging trees and that this service will no longer be available to general public
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

PB2938

All schools services are no longer available to general public.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

To be fair, has anyone ever used a school service as a member of the general public?

I used a works service once, the old 641 that ran from Willenhall to Mossley Estate,  then swapped to the  the regular bus back from Mossley to Leamore.

Quote from: Westy on September 04, 2020, 10:13:39 AM
To be fair, has anyone ever used a school service as a member of the general public?
When I caught 4572 on the PM 70 back in March it picked up lots of members of the public between Ward End and City Centre, as it was basically the same route as the 55/94.

Same for the afternoon 11E school journey that terminates at Ward End, that used to pick up lots of members of the public as well, as these were basically just 11A's. Think NX website says one of these will run as a closed door 11S this year.

And I saw an elderly woman travelling on the old 885 school service once, quite a few years ago now, while waiting for the 11A at Acocks Green.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: 2206 on September 04, 2020, 10:58:15 AM
Same for the afternoon 11E school journey that terminates at Ward End, that used to pick up lots of members of the public as well, as these were basically just 11A's. Think NX website says one of these will run as a closed door 11S this year.
Thinking about that i'm also surprised NX aren't going to run an AM 11S.
Would make sense to run one from Ward End (Bromford Lane, St Margarets Rd stop) to Acocks Green (Olton Boulevard East) for the school kids.

As in previous years some of the the 11C's in the morning were always crowded and full of school kids.
And running an 11S would presumably mean less school kids on the public buses, meaning members of the public are less likely to be left behind and prevent crowding on the 11C's.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: SK68MEV on September 04, 2020, 01:31:18 AM
A email from park hall academy stated that the 70 will be replaced by 94S and has been rerouted due to low hanging trees and that this service will no longer be available to general public

Where are these low hanging trees? The X70 has always been a double decker so not following that "low hanging trees" element??

ellspurs

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 04, 2020, 03:45:13 PM
Where are these low hanging trees? The X70 has always been a double decker so not following that "low hanging trees" element??

Beats me.

Funnily enough, now the 94S goes down a part of Water Orton Road that is only served by the 96, a single decker service. That road used to be served by the 966 so shouldn't have any problems with trees.

Stu

Quote from: ellspurs on September 04, 2020, 05:13:13 PM
That road used to be served by the 966 so shouldn't have any problems with trees.

Trees do grow over time you know!  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

monkeyjoe

Quote from: ellspurs on September 04, 2020, 05:13:13 PM
Beats me.

Funnily enough, now the 94S goes down a part of Water Orton Road that is only served by the 96, a single decker service. That road used to be served by the 966 so shouldn't have any problems with trees.

They are saying the route has been changed because of overgrowing trees, suggesting that the issue is in the Parkfield estate so that is what i don't understand. I read somewhere on here that is the same reason they are using for the 55 not becoming DD. Where is the issue on that route? ..... Love to understand.

I was so curious looked on the Networks west midlands Solihull map and noticed that the 94 isn't even on it but the 55 is and the wholes of Auckland drive is missed out as having buses running on it.

Tony

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 04, 2020, 06:31:05 PM
I read somewhere on here that is the same reason they are using for the 55 not becoming DD. Where is the issue on that route? ..... Love to understand.

Kendrick Avenue is the main problem on the 55 route

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk