News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Document or information on all destination and via points on bus blinds

Started by Bus Man K2, July 01, 2020, 04:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on July 03, 2020, 01:04:25 PM
Won't the database have to be changed  back to the old one when everything goes back to 'normal'? If it ever does!!!
You can have multiple databases stored on a computer for Helen.  It's just a case of uploading the right file to the bus when they're changed back to the originals.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on July 03, 2020, 02:17:41 PM
You can have multiple databases stored on a computer for Helen.  It's just a case of uploading the right file to the bus when they're changed back to the originals.

Thanks for that Pat.

Bus Man K2

Hi all

Would it be possible for anyone to give me all the currebt destination and via points that are on any of NX or NXC blinds please. Doesn't matter what area it covers. Either put them here or PM me please.

Thanks

Regards

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 28, 2020, 03:25:08 PM
Hi all

Would it be possible for anyone to give me all the currebt destination and via points that are on any of NX or NXC blinds please. Doesn't matter what area it covers. Either put them here or PM me please.

Thanks

Regards

Bus Man K2
Think you asked this before. Not long ago. And not much has changed in that time I don't think.
55/94 Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Ward End.
14 Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Alum Rock.
66 Birmingham/Sutton Coldfield via Erdington.
66 Star City.
28 Heartlands Hospital/Great Barr/Small Heath via Erdington.
X20/X21/X22 Birmingham/Cofton Hackett/Woodgate/Woodcock Hill via University.
65 Birmingham/Perry Common via Slade Road.
67 Birmingham/Castle Vale via Tyburn Road.
17 Birmingham/Tile Cross via Hob Moor Road.
11A/11C Outer Circle Clockwise/Anti-Clockwise.
97 Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Meadway.
X70 Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Coleshill.
X12 Birmingham/Solihull Station via Chelmsley Wood.
25 Birmingham/Q.E. Hospital via Ladywood.
X2 Birmingham/Solihull Station LIMITED STOP.
X2 Solihull then St Peters.
73 Solihull/Heartlands Hospital via Sheldon.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on December 28, 2020, 04:08:17 PM
Think you asked this before. Not long ago. And not much has changed in that time I don't think.

You're right, topic merged.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Stu on December 28, 2020, 04:17:39 PM
You're right, topic merged.

Sorry I forgot I had asked this earlier. I know there has been some new additions and that's why I asked again.

e. g

Cov 3, 8/A, 14/14A, 17/A 18/A, 20B, 20C, 85/A/B*
B'ham 27.

I dont know any more. Plus since Covid has hit the company's have made changes to just show one via point on it, and most of the docs I've got still show more then onw via point. Yep I know I could ask NX through FOI but as Tony has said they posibly wouldn't comply if there was a doc available.

Lastly as well all the photos that are on the WBM Photos website are good but some are up to date and others aren't so I'd rather post here. If I ask it over and over again I'm sorry but there are areas that are still missing. 

Regards

Bus Man K2

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 28, 2020, 04:40:45 PM
Sorry I forgot I had asked this earlier. I know there has been some new additions and that's why I asked again.

e. g

Cov 3, 8/A, 14/14A, 17/A 18/A, 20B, 20C, 85/A/B*
B'ham 27.

I dont know any more. Plus since Covid has hit the company's have made changes to just show one via point on it, and most of the docs I've got still show more then onw via point. Yep I know I could ask NX through FOI but as Tony has said they posibly wouldn't comply if there was a doc available.

Lastly as well all the photos that are on the WBM Photos website are good but some are up to date and others aren't so I'd rather post here. If I ask it over and over again I'm sorry but there are areas that are still missing. 

Regards

Bus Man K2

You cannot ask NX through a FOI as they are a private company and FOI do not apply to private companys

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on December 28, 2020, 04:08:17 PM
55/94 Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Ward End.
14 Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Alum Rock.
66 Birmingham/Sutton Coldfield via Erdington.
66 Star City.
28 Heartlands Hospital/Great Barr/Small Heath via Erdington.
X20/X21/X22 Birmingham/Cofton Hackett/Woodgate/Woodcock Hill via University.
65 Birmingham/Perry Common via Slade Road.
67 Birmingham/Castle Vale via Tyburn Road.
17 Birmingham/Tile Cross via Hob Moor Road.
11A/11C Outer Circle Clockwise/Anti-Clockwise.
97 Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Meadway.
X70 Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Coleshill.
X12 Birmingham/Solihull Station via Chelmsley Wood.
25 Birmingham/Q.E. Hospital via Ladywood.
X2 Birmingham/Solihull Station Limited Stop.
X2 Solihull then St Peters.
73 Solihull/Heartlands Hospital via Sheldon.

Does the X12 still use "Airport, then Solihull/Birmingham"? I've seen that on the blinds a number of times in Chelmsley, but not been out that much recently to see it.

@Bus Man K2  Cov 20 says "Coventry/Nuneaton/Bedworth via Foleshill Road", 20B has either Longford or Bayton Road as its destination (via Foleshill Road), and the 85/A/B just say "Coventry/Rugby" with no via field.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on December 28, 2020, 05:05:11 PM
Does the X12 still use "Airport, then Solihull/Birmingham"? I've seen that on the blinds a number of times in Chelmsley, but not been out that much recently to see it.

@Bus Man K2  Cov 20 says "Coventry/Nuneaton/Bedworth via Foleshill Road", 20B has either Longford or Bayton Road as its destination (via Foleshill Road), and the 85/A/B just say "Coventry/Rugby" with no via field.

Thanks for this. What about the other services I mentioned or don't you know. Doesn't matter if you dont know, just wondered?

What about the X1 as well.

Any other areas? or Coventry routes that you know of?

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 28, 2020, 05:11:11 PM

Thanks for this. What about the other services I mentioned or don't you know. Doesn't matter if you dont know, just wondered?

What about the X1 as well.

Any other areas? or Coventry routes that you know of?

Also as I have already mentioned in the past the blinds are done by an outside contractor and no-one at NX has access to the database. It is updated on request by NX, but the whole database is not available to NX

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on December 28, 2020, 05:01:42 PM
You cannot ask NX through a FOI as they are a private company and FOI do not apply to private companys

Well that a little silly the. Can ai ask why FOI's don't apply for private companies?

Gareth

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on December 28, 2020, 04:40:45 PM
Yep I know I could ask NX through FOI

Whilst I don't fault anybody with a thirst for knowledge, no matter how geeky or niche it may be, everybody has better things to do than request and indeed answer FOI for destination blind via points.

Do what I did as a kid, stand in town and watch the buses drive past!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: 2206 on July 01, 2020, 07:17:16 PM
The ones I know not mentioned in the list above are:
55 - Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Ward End.
94 - Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Ward End.
28 - Great Barr/Heartlands Hospital/Small Heath via Erdington.
14 - Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Alum Rock.
X70 - Birmingham/Chelmsley Wood via Coleshill.
60 - Birmingham/Cranes Park via Coventry Road.
X20/X21/X22 - Birmingham/Cofton Hackett/Woodcock Hill/Woodgate via University.
65 - Birmingham/Perry Common via Slade Road.
67 - Birmingham/Castle Vale via Tyburn Road.
25 - Birmingham/QE Hospital via Ladywood.

The 27 recently changed to operate to Longbridge. so the 27 in the post you have quoted is now incorrect.

Gareth

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Gareth on December 28, 2020, 05:15:00 PM
Whilst I don't fault anybody with a thirst for knowledge, no matter how geeky or niche it may be, everybody has better things to do than request and indeed answer FOI for destination blind via points.

Do what I did as a kid, stand in town and watch the buses drive past!

I would do normally but under the current circumstances I'm not going
to do that for a long time yet!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk