News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus full

Started by Steveminor, June 02, 2020, 11:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Thought it could be useful to have a thread where people can report when they have seen a bus at social distancing capacity displaying a Bus Full sign, so as to better inform other group members to adjust their travel habits to avoid potentially busy times/routes

Quote from: Steveminor on June 02, 2020, 11:19:14 AM
Thought it could be useful to have a thread where people can report when they have seen a bus at social distancing capacity displaying a Bus Full sign, so as to better inform other group members to adjust their travel habits to avoid potentially busy times/routes
I saw 6134 on the 11C at 12:15 at the Fox & Goose, the rear display was alternating between 11C and Bus Full. I'd not seen it used before.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Pat

Not necessarily Covid related, but Stagecoach North Scotland display 'Sorry bus full' when at capacity on their coaches during normal times as standing is obviously prohibited.

TT90

Are NX updating the fleet with " Bus Full " on the destinations blinds then ?

If they are then that's a great idea and will help stop confusion etc. Surely it's difficult for drivers to enforce capacity, or are they expected to ?

Steveminor

From what I have seen nxwm blinds show the tfwm stay apart logo with social distancing bus full message on the front & bus full on the side & rear.

Buses have always had a maximum seating & standing capacity & it's always been the drivers responsibility to ensure he does not load the bus above the vehicles played capacity. All that's happening now is that capacity is being lowered for social distancing purposes

1868 at Ward End displaying "Bus Full", this evening on the 28 to Heartlands Hospital. Think that is the 17:26 journey.
Notice the 28 is going up to every 15 minutes from the 14th June 2020 from the NX website - with other postponed increases occurring from this date.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Lukeee

Quote from: 2206 on June 05, 2020, 05:52:46 PM
1868 at Ward End displaying "Bus Full", this evening on the 28 to Heartlands Hospital. Think that is the 17:26 journey.
Notice the 28 is going up to every 15 minutes from the 14th June 2020 from the NX website - with other postponed increases occurring from this date.

A couple 74 have had this this evening

ellspurs

This afternoon, a Stagecoach Warwickshire 5A coming down Midland Road from Camp Hill in Nuneaton was displaying the "Bus full due to Social Distancing" at around 15:30.

D10

My mum was refused travel on the Diamond 125 when she tried to get on outside Kidderminster Rail Station towards Bewdley at 1130 this morning. She said the driver did stop and showed the sign to say that he had 13 people on so couldn't let anymore on.

She caught a taxi instead to Bewdley as being 80 and on her own she didn't fancy waiting on her own for an hour for the next 125.

Pat

Quote from: D10 on July 29, 2020, 08:42:48 PM
My mum was refused travel on the Diamond 125 when she tried to get on outside Kidderminster Rail Station towards Bewdley at 1130 this morning. She said the driver did stop and showed the sign to say that he had 13 people on so couldn't let anymore on.

She caught a taxi instead to Bewdley as being 80 and on her own she didn't fancy waiting on her own for an hour for the next 125.
Aren't drivers supposed to use their discretion and accept vulnerable passengers, even with the new capacity rules?

D10

Quote from: Pat on July 29, 2020, 10:08:14 PM
Aren't drivers supposed to use their discretion and accept vulnerable passengers, even with the new capacity rules?

Well that was what I thought, I was a bit annoyed that she had been turned away to be honest!

Pat

Quote from: D10 on July 30, 2020, 09:33:36 AM
Well that was what I thought, I was a bit annoyed that she had been turned away to be honest!
Perhaps you could take it up with Diamond, to avoid the same happening again to either your mum or someone else.

Steveminor

In my opinion it would depend on what the advisory distancing capacity was for that bus, if it were say 10 then the driver may have already used his discretion 3 times already. How many times would he use his discretion, it could end up being a full seated load which given the circumstances would not be a good thing.

Quote from: Steveminor on July 31, 2020, 10:36:09 AM
In my opinion it would depend on what the advisory distancing capacity was for that bus, if it were say 10 then the driver may have already used his discretion 3 times already. How many times would he use his discretion, it could end up being a full seated load which given the circumstances would not be a good thing.
On a frequent service maybe, but leaving someone at a bus stop to wait 90 minutes for the next one, doesn't really sound very good in my opinion. Paticularly if it was someone who was vulnerable and alone.
And what if it was the last service of the day however. Would you leave them stranded at the bus stop, because you don't want a full seating load? Or just pick them up, even though that's not really ideal.

If its such a small bus it can only pick 10 up, Diamond should probably use a bigger bus/full sized single decker if needed I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

I've just been on a 28 from Halesowen to merry hill. 10 people on at one time. What's maximum capacity for 734 and other mini e200s?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk