News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus full

Started by Steveminor, June 02, 2020, 11:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 16, 2021, 10:47:36 PM
Sit on the seat away from the window or bag next to me. Simple as. I'm sure the old folks won't mind who sits next to them now they are double jabbed. Different situation for the younger generation
Most people don't want to create arguments with other passengers, i'm pretty sure.

Also its not your bus to say another paying passenger isn't allowed to take a seat that you haven't paid for. Your acting as if you own the bus or something?
If its a problem, then you should find another way of getting to your destination till you get your jab then.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 16, 2021, 10:47:36 PM
Sit on the seat away from the window or bag next to me. Simple as. I'm sure the old folks won't mind who sits next to them now they are double jabbed. Different situation for the younger generation

And you are more likely to be 'breathed on' by someone coming up asking you politely to move your bag so they can sit down than someone sat next to you facing the same direction. It is face to face that is the problem hence why backwards facing seats are still not in use

Sandy Lane

The problem is buses carrying people who spread the disease. I thought a flow of fresh air thru the bus helped to reduce infecting people? How many open windows on a bus do you see these days?

Solo1

Quote from: Sandy Lane on May 17, 2021, 08:12:24 AM
The problem is buses carrying people who spread the disease. I thought a flow of fresh air thru the bus helped to reduce infecting people? How many open windows on a bus do you see these days?
they are open people shut them because they are cold

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Solo1 on May 17, 2021, 09:11:35 AM
they are open people shut them because they are cold
Being cold is better than the virus, I know I've seen what Covid-19 does.
I open a window on every bus I go on

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on May 17, 2021, 05:58:24 AM
And you are more likely to be 'breathed on' by someone coming up asking you politely to move your bag so they can sit down than someone sat next to you facing the same direction. It is face to face that is the problem hence why backwards facing seats are still not in use

I tell you what then Tony. Are you seriously suggesting I let someone sit next to me on a bus who may be a carrier and/or is not wearing a face mask? Maybe if the bus drivers actually cared whether someone was wearing a face covering or not I would feel a bit more relaxed.

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 17, 2021, 09:25:17 AM
I tell you what then Tony. Are you seriously suggesting I let someone sit next to me on a bus who may be a carrier and/or is not wearing a face mask? Maybe if the bus drivers actually cared whether someone was wearing a face covering or not I would feel a bit more relaxed.
Most people do wear them I think.
Some people might have exemptions, i've seen some people wearing landyard things to explain it as well. NX Bus say drivers use reasonable discretion. I'm not sure there's a lot the driver can do to be honest as well, I don't think its to do with "not caring".

But when you refuse an elderly man with a walking frame a seat, or a mother with young childeren. I'm pretty sure your going to upset a lot of people. A lot of people are going to come into contact with you and ask you to move your bag. And your going to make it far more difficult for yourself than if you'd just let them sat there in the first place. Its the sort of thing to do that is going to create arguments.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on May 17, 2021, 09:21:03 AM
Being cold is better than the virus, I know I've seen what Covid-19 does.
I open a window on every bus I go on
So you want everyone to freeze to death in a bus? Back in December when it was freezing every single window was open and quite frankly taking the p**s, elderly sitting down shivering because of it, you're more at risk of hyperthermia even with a big coat on. 2 windows is enough in that weather not the entire bus needs to at risk of that.

I'm agreeing here, if the drivers cared they wouldn't ram the buses up when they know its rammed and still with the 'bus full' display on they will do it, especially the 28's, who seem oblivious to it. I said this last summer but the drivers here don't seem to care about non masked passengers, but other companies seem a lot more tougher.

MW

If you're that sensitive to avoiding people, perhaps public transport isn't suited to you. Has anybody actually considered that?

karl724223

not my job to care about covidiots who can't be bothered to follow simple rules to save there own lives
Woman gave me jib about being immune about not wearing a face covering
I replied are you immune from dying as well

Steve3229vp

I agree entirely about the 28's, social distancing is impossible with the school kids, the increase to every 10 minutes on Monday to Friday was welcome but at these busy times the problem is still there. The timetable was better last year in the summer when it was every 15 mins on full route with 28E's running Dyas Road to Tyburn. We thought this would be better for when the kids went back to school BUT in September it went back to it's usual every 12 minutes.

ellspurs

In Cambridgeshire, the Stagecoach buses drive around with signs on the front saying "AVOID TRAVELLING BETWEEN 0600-0900 and (some after school time)".

Jack

Quote from: Steve3229vp on May 17, 2021, 04:48:21 PM
I agree entirely about the 28's, social distancing is impossible with the school kids, the increase to every 10 minutes on Monday to Friday was welcome but at these busy times the problem is still there. The timetable was better last year in the summer when it was every 15 mins on full route with 28E's running Dyas Road to Tyburn. We thought this would be better for when the kids went back to school BUT in September it went back to it's usual every 12 minutes.
Its a joke even in the daytime and on Saturdays, the drivers just don't care and don't seem to not know that theres a reduced capacity and will just let them keep filling up.
Since its gone to every 10 minutes its more common you'll see 2/3 running in close proximity to each other in the peak times, the Walsall Road roadworks have made this near enough a joke as it can take at times 20/30 mins just to get to the Scott Arms. Still haven't bothered to update the branding to say 'every 10 minutes' even though you'll be waiting for much longer. The 10 minute frequency has just seen them bunch up a lot more.

But I think the single deck services are worse for overcowding than the services with double decks.

Quote from: Jack on May 17, 2021, 05:45:26 PM
Since its gone to every 10 minutes its more common you'll see 2/3 running in close proximity to each other in the peak times, the Walsall Road roadworks have made this near enough a joke as it can take at times 20/30 mins just to get to the Scott Arms.
Would splitting it at Erdington say be a good idea to improve reliability?
So 28 Erdington - Great Barr and new route say 98 - Erdington to Heartlands.

It also remains to be seen whether it remains at every 10 mins post covid I would think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on May 17, 2021, 05:49:38 PM
Would splitting it at Erdington say be a good idea to improve reliability?
So 28 Erdington - Great Barr and new route say 98 - Erdington to Hearthalnds.
I considered that myself but it would mean people changing in Erdington to go beyond in each direction, when lots of people use the 28 past Erdington in both directions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk