News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Shearings in to adminstration

Started by winston, May 22, 2020, 05:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Pat on May 25, 2020, 09:46:58 AM
Because they would have been the ones interested in a sale.  You don't need to be based in England to own a business here.  Cadbury's for example are owned by the American firm Kraft and have been for some years now.

And it works the other way around. National Express purchased and own businesses in the USA

B61 ANDREW

Yesterdays news !  Leger Holidays have acquired  the Shearings "brand" . . . .  and are advertising as such on Leger.co.uk  , it appears that they have got the National Holidays name also.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on July 02, 2020, 11:36:59 AM
it appears that they have got the National Holidays name also.

Or maybe not !     

It's all very sad coaching industry is not what it use to be all the family owned companies have nearly all  vanished , my dad drove for Evergreen during 80s great company and immaculate vehicles too.
There normally aspirated Ford powered Duples were slugs but the turbo ones were good, but Volvo powered Duples were  summat else entirely.
I used to tag along if there was a spare seat going.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: 2900 on July 03, 2020, 01:53:38 PM
It's all very sad coaching industry is not what it use to be all the family owned companies have nearly all  vanished , my dad drove for Evergreen during 80s great company and immaculate vehicles too.
There normally aspirated Ford powered Duples were slugs but the turbo ones were good, but Volvo powered Duples were  summat else entirely.
I used to tag along if there was a spare seat going.
Evergreen Coaches was one of the most professional run coach Coach operators of all.  Knew & used the company for over 30 years as my mum went to school with Iris Field the founders daughter. Very sadly missed by many including myself.

windy miller

I was wondering if the Henley in arden? based coach company Johnsons are likely to
be dissolved? They used to have a number of school contracts but with the limited
school attendances in the near future I can't see much profit . I went to school in henley
in the late 50's and their business was at the bottom of livery hill I think they only had about 10 vehicles in those days! I imagine the original owners passed away years ago. 
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Quote from: windy miller on July 03, 2020, 07:26:46 PM
They used to have a number of school contracts but with the limited
school attendances in the near future I can't see much profit .
I think I read schools will be reopening fully in September. And the Government said school attendance is mandatory from September.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

B61 ANDREW

I am still not sure if Leger have the National Holiday /Wallace Arnold brands or not.  Reading some of a report by E & Y shows that they received two bids at the start of May , one for the whole business and assets and one for partial business and partial assets - both of which fell through. So administration followed. If you read further into the article it says how much Leger paid for the "Shearings brand".  It also states all {leased } coaches have returned to their various leasing companies. I guess I have to finish by wishing Leger good luck in their investment and to say at least the Shearing name will continue.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: windy miller on July 03, 2020, 07:26:46 PM
  I was wondering if the Henley in arden? based coach company Johnsons are likely to
be dissolved? They used to have a number of school contracts but with the limited
school attendances in the near future I can't see much profit . I went to school in henley
in the late 50's and their business was at the bottom of livery hill I think they only had about 10 vehicles in those days! I imagine the original owners passed away years ago.

https://www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk/news/262/covid19--safe-operating/
This news item on the Johnson's website (dated 30 June 2020) seems to give the opposite impression, that they will be restarting their coach holidays and trips soon.

JIM H

Johnsons Coaches are still a family run business and apart from the coaches they also run bus services, mainly in Warwickshire

windy miller

Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk