News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Level Increase

Started by MK, April 27, 2020, 10:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Mike K on May 16, 2020, 12:41:09 AM
At what point did this change? I was born at the Women's Hospital on the QE site prior to 1974 and have older brothers and sisters born at the same hospital. All of our passports show Birmingham as our place of birth.
My birth certificate from 1968 reads Edgbaston, Warwickshire there is no mention of Birmingham on it. My original application for a passport at 18 was rejected and sent back when I put Birmingham on the form as place of birth and was only accepted after amending it to Edgbaston in 1986. The Womens Hospital on the site of the QE opened after I was born most births at the time were at Loveday Street Maternity Hospital until it closed and maternity moved to The Women's Hospital adjoining the main QE hospital.

Bob

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 16, 2020, 12:20:21 AM
For your information when I was born Edgbaston was part of the County of Warwickshire and not a suburb untill it became part of the West Midlands  Metropolitan County in 1974 following boundary changes. If you were born as most births were at the time in Loveday Street Maternity Hospital in the City Centre your passport would read Birmingham.Very few births at the time were at the old Queen Elizabeth Hospital unless major surgery was required at the time of birth. If you were born like me in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital it reads Edgbaston. My partners passport place of birth reads Wordsley not Stourbridge which reflected the Maternity Hospital at the time which was then part of Worcestershire.

Im not 100 percent sure but Cannock Hednesford and possibly Burntwood were originally intended to be included in the West Midlands but plans changed last minute and Cov was put in instead

x68

It Was Redditch and Bromsgrove that were due to be in West Midlands but did not happen when Coventry joined

TT90

Anyone know what the service level increase is going up to from w/c 31st May ?

It's 75% from next week then even more from 31st May ( I think ).

Tony

Quote from: TT90 on May 18, 2020, 11:48:17 AM
Anyone know what the service level increase is going up to from w/c 31st May ?

It's 75% from next week then even more from 31st May ( I think ).

Exact levels will more depend on driver availability

Stu

Quote from: Tony on May 18, 2020, 11:53:15 AM
Exact levels will more depend on driver availability

And presumably passenger uptake?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk