News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

X15 Birmingham to Sutton Coldfield (replacing Diamond 108)

Started by Steve3229vp, April 15, 2020, 08:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: sonic84 on April 16, 2020, 07:29:42 PM
The second AM journey seems to be a little bit too late. Wonder who that is aimed at as won't be suitable for the majority of 9-5 city workers

Are there many "9-5 workers" travelling into city though?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack D

markcf83

Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

l.murphy123

Will it be platinum? And will the X3, 4, 5 branded buses be updated to show Lichfield?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Gareth

Quote from: l.murphy123 on April 18, 2020, 12:13:02 AM
Will it be platinum? And will the X3, 4, 5 branded buses be updated to show Lichfield?

PB is only running Platinum (apart from a tiny handful) at the moment.

Quote from: Gareth on April 18, 2020, 04:27:40 PM
PB is only running Platinum (apart from a tiny handful) at the moment.
A tiny handful of non platinum double deckers. Though there are also Omnilnk single deckers in use, so probably a little more than a tiny handful?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on April 18, 2020, 04:32:21 PM
A tiny handful of non platinum double deckers. Though there are also Omnilnk single deckers in use, so probably a little more than a tiny handful?

Come on, really? Don't take every detail and word as literal.

l.murphy123

Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Jack D

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

Quote from: Jack D on April 20, 2020, 04:36:56 PM
Anyone get a pic of the X15 today?

Don't worry I'm sure there will be at least one taken next week by people who shouldn't be out

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on April 20, 2020, 04:36:56 PM
Anyone get a pic of the X15 today?

I doubt it, it doesn't start until next Monday.

Besides, what's there to get excited about? It'll likely just be one of PB's Platinums anyway.
My locals:

Steveminor

Will be strange seeing a platinum around fox's meadow when we're doing the 168

Quote from: Stu on April 20, 2020, 06:25:29 PM
I doubt it, it doesn't start until next Monday.

Besides, what's there to get excited about? It'll likely just be one of PB's Platinums anyway.
Will it be on its own board or will there be another service on the board of another route such as X3/X4/X5.
If its on its own board surely nothing stopping an Omnilink being used on there either. As Diamond use single decker? Or has it been confirmed that it will be platinum?

At least NX have released a timetable to this service unlike evergreen on the 28a, which is supposedly being cut back.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on April 20, 2020, 07:27:30 PM
Will it be on its own board or will there be another service on the board of another route such as X3/X4/X5.
If its on its own board surely nothing stopping an Omnilink being used on there either. As Diamond use single decker? Or has it been confirmed that it will be platinum?

At least NX have released a timetable to this service unlike evergreen on the 28a, which is supposedly being cut back.

Does it really matter? I recall reading elsewhere here that this new service would be interworked with existing X3/X4/X5 boards.

With the current situation, I don't know what the plan is or how this service will be operated, but I would imagine it will still fit in somewhere with the Sutton Lines workings. NX could well use OmniLinks on this, I really don't know.

But then again, I don't have to use this service, so whatever the outcome, it is of no concern to me, I'm merely travelling on buses to get myself to and from work.

NX West Midlands will operate this service the best way they can for those that need to use it, so if you don't need to use it, there's no need to worry about what vehicles it will use or which running boards it will run on surely?
My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk