News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Killer Corona Virus

Started by Sandy Lane, April 08, 2020, 01:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Quote from: Steveminor on May 13, 2020, 01:43:43 PM
He was asked if he personally would get on a packed bus or train & he honestly said no, cant see the problem there after all it follows government advice not to use public transport unless it is essential & to follow social distancing guidelines. Those scenes this morning in London people are clearly not following those guidelines.

But people are being told to return to work if they are able to. If bus travel is the only way, then it's the only way. It's not people 'clearly not following the guidelines'.

richie

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on May 13, 2020, 01:03:49 PM
The Transport Secretary; Grant Shapps; has today said he would not be seen dead on a bus during the current emergency. Most encouraging for those of us who have to use First and other operators  for essential journeys and those encoraged to return to work by his government.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/may/13/grant-shapps-would-not-get-on-crowed-bus-tube-coronavirus-lockdown-eased

Did he not say he would not be seen dead on a first Worcester bus ? Or was it all other operators? Seeing as the guidance is aimed initially at first Worcester customers according to you?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Gareth on May 13, 2020, 09:37:11 PM
But people are being told to return to work if they are able to. If bus travel is the only way, then it's the only way. It's not people 'clearly not following the guidelines'.

Are they following the guidelines of social distancing though by cramming onto a bus? Common sense would say that you wouldn't all cram onto the same bus in this climate. However if service frequencies aren't great that's London's transport networks fault. Alternatively someone regulating the number of passengers on board should be enforced,

Gareth

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 13, 2020, 10:07:53 PM
Are they following the guidelines of social distancing though by cramming onto a bus? Common sense would say that you wouldn't all cram onto the same bus in this climate. However if service frequencies aren't great that's London's transport networks fault. Alternatively someone regulating the number of passengers on board should be enforced,

They are guidelines. We have to 'try' and do things, we have to 'aim' to do things. Until told otherwise, numbers cannot be enforced. That's why face coverings are now being 'advised', because distancing won't always be possible.

Everyone will think that their journey is important or essential. Why should someone at the start of a route be allowed to travel, but not someone half way along when the bus is already at social distancing 'capacity'. See, it doesn't work!

busboy31

World War III could potentially start in a couple of weeks/days that could make the government ban public transport immediately.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: busboy31 on May 14, 2020, 03:56:08 AM
World War III could potentially start in a couple of weeks/days that could make the government ban public transport immediately.

Well that's complete billy bull.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Steveminor

I've looked at the possibility of a third world war, but when I've studied the military capacity of third world countries I dont think they're up for it.

WyreForestShuttle

I understand the management team of First Worcester share the frustration of the management team of fellow Worcestershire operator Diamond Bus on the lack of confirmation of payment and confirmation of the CBSSG following the consultation. Until payment is recieved it is my understanding First Worcester quite rightly is reluctant to scale up operations untill the matter is resolved. Mr Dunn of Diamond Bus was quite right to raise his concerns on the matter as we appear to have quite unacceptable behaviour from a Government whose only concern seems to be saving the career of a political advisor instead of supporting the bus industry despite the initial plans being laid out in The Transport Secretarys statement on Saturday; a copy of which is available on the Gov/DfT website. I too share the frustration of this unexpected development which is most regrettable to all bus operators throughout Worcestershire and is not worthy of both the current situation the bus companies find themselves in & H M Government.

Steveminor

Nxwm now share Simon & my concerns regarding funding and appears they have also suspended plans to increase service levels.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on May 27, 2020, 08:34:19 PM
Nxwm now share Simon & my concerns regarding funding and appears they have also suspended plans to increase service levels.
Interestingly First Worcester never announced plans to increase service levels from 1st June 2020 operators in the West Midlands County seem to have jumped the gun abit following the announcement by The Minister over a Bank Holiday I did point out the actual scheme mechanism would follow in due course and of course in its own perception the Government has currently more pressing matters involving journeys to and from Durham rather than funding bus journey increases somewhat.

WyreForestShuttle

The DfT have published the full guidance for face coverings to be used on First Worcester & other operators in England from Monday.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-on-face-coverings-coming-in-on-monday-will-help-keep-passengers-safe

Gareth

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 12, 2020, 09:23:27 PM
The DfT have published the full guidance for face coverings to be used on First Worcester & other operators in England from Monday.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-rules-on-face-coverings-coming-in-on-monday-will-help-keep-passengers-safe

There's no need to single out an operator when it applies to all English public transport.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Gareth on June 12, 2020, 11:21:57 PM
There's no need to single out an operator when it applies to all English public transport.
Not to sure what your point scoring is about @Gareth my post clearly said the guidance applied to First Worcester and all other operators in England.

Please fell free to post the official government guidance and relevant legislation for the benefit of all when it is published by H M Government.

The NX Bus site has also been updated with information on travelling during the current period.
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/stay-safe-when-travelling-with-us

There's now a guide on there showing at what times the services are busiest and it says this is going to be updated regularly:

And information for those where it will not be possible to wear a face covering.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 13, 2020, 12:02:02 AM
Not to sure what your point scoring is about @Gareth my post clearly said the guidance applied to First Worcester and all other operators in England.

Please fell free to post the official government guidance and relevant legislation for the benefit of all faster than myself when it is published by H M Government.

Nowhere on Government or DfT guidelines or rules or advice does it single out First Worcester. No need to mention it.

Point scoring? Says the man who's boasting he posted it first.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk